• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-1-Rollsmobile-2-1080x650.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	1885743

Friend just sent me this. And all this time I thought 2-door Presidents were a single-year thing for '56. But I almost didn't see it for that Darrin Kaiser.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGK 940 View Post
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Photo-1-Rollsmobile-2-1080x650.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.7 KB ID:	1885743

Friend just sent me this. And all this time I thought 2-door Presidents were a single-year thing for '56. But I almost didn't see it for that Darrin Kaiser.
      Nope; they were offered in 1957 as well.

Our family had one for several years when I was a teen-ager; Coppertone with Arctic White roof and side spear. It had the optional 4-bbl carburetor (standard on President Classics; optional on lesser Presidents) and Flightomatic.

They were low-production, even as Studebakers go: 836 F6 Regals (like ours and the one in the above photo); 8 (eight!) F4 DeLuxes; and, 62 F2 Customs. The rare F4 and F2 models were undoubtedly Fleet and Police orders to get the 289 engine.

It broke my heart when Dad sold it in his life-long quest to trade cars around every year...or less! BP

Photo below late Spring 1963; Easter Sunday? I'm the tallest; Mom on my left, brother Stanley on my right. Brother Russell farthest left:

Click image for larger version  Name:	palmafamilycarpics0003.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.0 KB ID:	1885794
      Attached Files
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

Photo below late Spring 1963; Easter Sunday? I'm the tallest; Mom on my left, brother Stanley on my right. Brother Russell farthest left:
        Made me realize that I can't recall a time in recent years where people posed for family shots with the family car. I can remember when the car was part of the family. Now it seems like to most it's a necessary evil.

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post

Made me realize that I can't recall a time in recent years where people posed for family shots with the family car. I can remember when the car was part of the family. Now it seems like to most it's a necessary evil.
          True, Bob...and, ironically, that wasn't our primary family car. Rather, it was our "second" car.

Our "good" primary family car was the one-year-old 1962 Mercury Monterey 4-door (black; red and white interior) Dad bought new the previous year. I have no idea why we were standing in front of the '57 President; it may have been the only car in the drive with sunlight if the Mercury had been in the garage. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Great Bend Kansas:

Comment

• Wilshire Blvd. from Fremont Place, Hancock Park, Los Angeles ca.1950

Last edited by JGK 940; 03-26-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGK 940 View Post
                Wilshire Blvd. from Fremont Place, Hancock Park, Los Angeles ca.1950

Is there supposed to be something there, John? 'Can't see anything and there is / are no link(s). BP

Comment

Great Bend Kansas:

Isn’t pic # 1 a Dodge - that begat it’s bed eventually to the Champ?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCDave51 View Post

Isn’t pic # 1 a Dodge - that begat it’s bed eventually to the Champ?
                    No, '57-'60 Ford.
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Is there supposed to be something there, John? 'Can't see anything and there is / are no link(s). BP
                      Yes, sir. Sorry about that. Here's how it looks on my monitor. Another of the Computer Mysteries Which Surpass All Human Understanding. Seems like there's more of those every day.

Comment

• Am I the only one who don't see anything in post #11525, only text?

Comment

• Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                          Am I the only one who don't see anything in post #11525, only text?
                          Apparently.
                          There are three clear photos.
                          And they reappear in post #11528.
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

• Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                            Am I the only one who don't see anything in post #11525, only text?
                            Apparently, not all of us have the same number of posts in threads on our computer monitors. For example, my post count shows your post above as 11,443??? That's 82 posts short of the one you were referring to.
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

• Strange indeed, & I see this as #11534 & the one I was on as 11531, must be the router I'm on then.

Comment

• From the Easter Sunday 2021 Old Motor:

Comment

Working...
                                X