No announcement yet.

Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post 11543 the 11th row left middle is the car I was referring as a possible Packard. I think next to that car is a 1961 Chevrolet Station Wagon. Good to see the cupcake (1950 Nash Rambler)

Bob Miles

Comment

• That #11543 looks like Pontiac to me. Is that a 53-55 sedan in #11550 behind the black Ford with a sticker on the door?
      sigpic

Josephine
      Champion V8
      4d sedan

Comment

• Is that a light blue bullet-nose sedan in the next to the top row, to the right of the 1962 Ford? Any other Studes?

(I'm sure the white 1958 Impala convertible parked on the street in the foreground has been restored by now and advertised as "never having been in an accident!") <GGG> BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• At least one Stude: a Hawk to the left of the 1960 Ford in the second row from the bottom. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• What’s the newest car in this ^ picture? I see a 65/66 Mustang Convertible to the right of the 60 Ford.
            I don’t see any other Studebakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank54 View Post
              What’s the newest car in this ^ picture? I see a 65/66 Mustang Convertible to the right of the 60 Ford.
              I don’t see any other Studebakers.
              Agreed. I don't see anything newer than a '65, but there are several of them.

I just noticed: Look in the extreme far upper corner; is that a dark, possibly black, Gran Turismo Hawk facing us, with the roof line distorted by the extreme corner of the camera lens? BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Is that a light blue bullet-nose sedan in the next to the top row, to the right of the 1962 Ford? Any other Studes?

(I'm sure the white 1958 Impala convertible parked on the street in the foreground has been restored by now and advertised as "never having been in an accident!") <GGG> BP

Is that a red Avanti parked to the left of the small building, third car away?
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

• “I just noticed: Look in the extreme far upper corner; is that a dark, possibly black, Gran Turismo Hawk facing us, with the roof line distorted by the extreme corner of the camera lens? BP”

I think it’s a Mercedes.

Comment

• Portland,Oregon, and Biggs Jct., Click image for larger versionName:	EE5DFD51-378D-48AE-9226-769B18176226.jpegViews:	0Size:	92.1 KBID:	1891490
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	70DA2521-3561-4025-A62C-E8BD91B09AF5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	82.9 KB ID:	1891489

Comment

• From the Sunday, April 18 Old Motor; two photos:

At least two Studebakers in the above photo; maybe three.

Not one but TWO 1956 Packards, and a '53(!) in the photo below. I believe this is in South Bend; anyone else pick up a clue as to why that might be? BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank54 View Post
                        “I just noticed: Look in the extreme far upper corner; is that a dark, possibly black, Gran Turismo Hawk facing us, with the roof line distorted by the extreme corner of the camera lens? BP”

I think it’s a Mercedes.
                        Agreed; it might be, Frank. The extreme corner of the camera's lens may have distorted the image, so it's hard to tell. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• Notice in the multi-car shot it seems all the cars in the lot have their hub cap's / wheel cover's removed. Tough neighbor hood?

Comment

• Originally posted by firestoper 25 View Post
                            Notice in the multi-car shot it seems all the cars in the lot have their hub caps / wheel covers removed. Tough neighborhood?
                            Might be! BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• [QUOTE=BobPalma;n1891491] From the Sunday, April 18 Old Motor; two photos:

At least two Studebakers in the above photo; maybe three.

There's easily SIX Studebakers in this photo!
                              KURTRUK
                              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by firestoper 25 View Post
                                Notice in the multi-car shot it seems all the cars in the lot have their hub cap's / wheel cover's removed. Tough neighbor hood?
                                Yes! I'm thinking maybe the cars are being rail shipped. I understand that's done on the east coast for 'snow birds' going to Florida for the winter.
                                So.....if I'm 'pre-approved' why do you want me to fill out an application?

Comment

Working...
                                X