Click image for larger version

Name:	bridge2.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1866742

Leave a comment:

• Greenstude
    replied
    11312 ---- Could the coupe in question be a 1936 Chevrolet? Note that it has a line of pompoms or something similar along the roof and right windshield. There appear to be a couple of these on the grille, one of which may be what Bob saw as a Studebaker red ball. There appears to be a piece of chrome near the top centre of the grille which could be the Chev logo.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    Bob,

You have better eyesight than I do; I was thinking it was a 37, but now see it could be a 36.

Bob Miles

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Sorry, Bob; I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I'm sure the car in front of the dump truck and the dump truck itself are NOT Studebakers; I didn't mean to imply they might be.

The only one I think is a '30s Studebaker is the coupe to your left (as you are looking at the picture) and in front of the dump truck. It looks like the Studebaker red ball in the grille and the flowing lines from the grille back to the cowl. BP

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    Bob,

Just hazarding a guess here, as I don't know how to blow the picture up, but I don't think either the two cars are Studebaker's. The coupe has elements of a 36-37 but the grille and hood do not match up. As far as the sedan in front of the dump truck, I was thinking 1935 but the grille is too big. The windshield is correct for a 35, but the side styling of the hood went all the way up to the body colored grille shell. The 35 Dictator, Commander, and President had center hinges with a metal stop and the rear doors were "conventional rear opening". You could open both doors on a 35 but they were limited to how far they could open.

I hope someone will prove me wrong. Love seeing pictures of Studebakers in Roadside America.

Bob Miles

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    From the Sunday, November 22, 2020 Old Motor. Studebaker coupe in the lane next to the dump truck, in front of the dump truck? Can anyone identify it more specifically? BP

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    Wow! With all that high water there's going to be a lot of rusty cars before too long.

Leave a comment:

• tstoj38
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	55f60036709f6.image.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1866233

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    From the Sunday, November 8, 2020 Old Motor:

1941 two door sedan setting at the power pole. I think a Champion.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    From the Sunday, November 8, 2020 Old Motor:

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
    Can anyone identify the little girl on the trike and her location? Someone here's Mom perhaps?
    If the pic is truly contemporary to the car, and the toy tractor, trike, little girl's outfit seems to confirm...if she still survives...probably someone's grandmother (great grandmother?) by now. A terrific picture though, and would make a great Turning Wheels Cover photo.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Can anyone identify the little girl on the trike and her location? Someone here's Mom perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• BobWaitz
    replied
    Found on the Internet:

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post

I think it was in 1965 that the Caprice made it debut, only as a 4 door hardtop. It was probably included in the Impala total. 1966 had the 2 door sport coupe and I think a convertible model in addition to the 4 door.

Bob Miles
    In 1965, the Caprice was a top-of-the-line option (RPO Z18) 4-door hardtop in the Impala series. In 1966, it was spun off as a separate series, composed of 2- and 4-door hardtops and wagon. The convertible was still only available as an Impala and Impala SS.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    You and everyone else on '65 Impalas, John.

AFAIK, 1965 remains the only year in which Chevrolet built and sold more than 1,000,000 Impalas...and that does NOT include Impala station wagons, nor does it include Bel-Airs or Biscaynes! BP
    I think it was in 1965 that the Caprice made it debut, only as a 4 door hardtop. It was probably included in the Impala total. 1966 had the 2 door sport coupe and I think a convertible model in addition to the 4 door.

Bob Miles

Leave a comment:

Working...
X