• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
    I count three Studebakers and one boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
      #3069 IS GREAT! My 2 favorite things; a '51 Commander and a brunette!
      One DOLL of a brunette! Of course she's probably in her 80s now.

Comment

• Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Pole wins every time.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser

Comment

• In #3078- A Stude convertible and semi-custom Starlight coupe....parked side by side too. Maybe a very early Stude Driver's Club mini-meet????

Comment

• Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser

Comment

• While digging through some old photos, came across these.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Comment

• Alan, I have the photos in Post #3084, but I cannot remember for sure what I magazine I tore them out of. Do your copies have a magazine or other identification attached?

As printed, they were back to back, on opposite sides of the same sheet of paper. (I.E., if you have one of those, you automatically have the other one!)

Here's the caption for the 1959/1960 Lark photo:

Boasting only 289 cubic inches, Bob Manion's Studebaker I/Sportsman entry from Kansas sped to a class record with an elapsed time of 14.73 seconds.

Of course he did well; he is associated with Studebakers and his name is Bob. How could he lose? BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Bob;Speed Mechanics, June 1963 Pages 29 and 30. Back to back. The caption on the other is; Surprise winner in A/Compact Stock class was a Lark equipped with the factory blown Avanti engine. It proved to be a real stormer, zipping through the clocks at a speed of 96.49 in 14.59

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          Bob;Speed Mechanics, June 1963 Pages 29 and 30. Back to back. The caption on the other is; Surprise winner in A/Compact Stock class was a Lark equipped with the factory blown Avanti engine. It proved to be a real stormer, zipping through the clocks at a speed of 96.49 in 14.59
                          Excellent! I've had the clipping for 50 years and couldn't remember where I got it! I'm going to go back and change the information I posted earlier to open the long-running Whistler thread. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Alan, are you not a member of The Studebaker Drivers Club?

We had those photos and the back story in the July 2014 edition of Turning Wheels. BP

Comment

• I have been a member of SDC for more than 15 years, Avanti Owners Association since 1969. Once or twice over the years I forgot to pay the yearly dues and had to renew my membership. When you are young you forget things too. An issue that new I might not have even removed it from the plastic envelope that it came in

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan View Post
                                I have been a member of SDC for more than 15 years, Avanti Owners Association since 1969. Once or twice over the years I forgot to pay the yearly dues and had to renew my membership. When you are young you forget things too. An issue that new I might not have even removed it from the plastic envelope that it came in
                                Cool beans, Alan.

I think you'll enjoy the back story report of The Whistler's early history...and you'll be thanked for a correction to that article I'll make in an up-coming Co-Operator, now that I know for sure where those grainy old photos came from!

I do appreciate having the Speed Mechanics source known. BP

Comment

Working...
                                X