No announcement yet.

Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Stillwater, OK News Press 7-4-14, included in an article about the history of the city:

sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

• Hammond Indiana 1951 centennial parade on Hohman aveClick image for larger version

Name:	hammond centennial parade 1951 lute.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	1691209

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	methodist stude.JPG
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1691240

Old postcard from Oceanside, California (my hometown!) showing the Methodist church at First and Ditmar. I don't know what year it was taken, but there's obviously a Stude driver attending services

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

• The Farmer Motor Company Tow Trucks: The Farmer Motor Company, a Studebaker Dealer located in Lexington, Kentucky, used a pair of the cars that were converted into tow trucks when this photo was taken in 1930. See larger photos and full details of the Holmes Wrecker units the cars are using on The Old Motor.

Go to the Old Motor Site at http://theoldmotor.com/?p=123627
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• This Ontario, Canada photo is captioned 'University of Waterloo sometime in the 60s'. Another poster noted that it was actually a parking lot in St. Paul's College, now part of U of Waterloo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UofWaterloo.jpg
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1691298
            "Burning Bridges...Lost Forevermore"......

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
              This Ontario, Canada photo is captioned 'University of Waterloo sometime in the 60s'. Another poster noted that it was actually a parking lot in St. Paul's College, now part of U of Waterloo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36197[/ATTACH]
              I see an Austin Mini parked sideways in it's parking spot on the other side of the light-colored VW. College prank?
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

• An alley in Yakima, Wa:

Comment

• L.A. Union Station:

Sorry for small size, I'm using an older scanner.....

Comment

• I`m claiming this to be a Studebaker behind this one legged woman . !

Comment

• Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                      I`m claiming this to be a Studebaker behind this one legged woman . !
                      Maybe losing a hubcap back in the day was much more dangerous than we remember...

Comment

• Comment

• I am still seeing Cadillac's since I looked at 3033!
                          But I think I did see a maybe Yellow and White '55 or so 4 Door Stude. with people sitting on it watching the Parade.

Here on 3056, looks like we have a '58 Champion or Commander 4 Door BATTERING RAM!
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• In 3056, is that a Chevy Vega (tail to us) about halfway down the block? If so, it means the beat up 1958 Commander/Champion sedan is at least 13 model years old. It's a wonder it is still on the street! BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                              In 3056, is that a Chevy Vega (tail to us) about halfway down the block?
                              It also looks like a Vegrant to me as well.

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                                In 3056, is that a Chevy Vega (tail to us) about halfway down the block? If so, it means the beat up 1958 Commander/Champion sedan is at least 13 model years old. It's a wonder it is still on the street! BP
                                The billboard in the photo is from an artistic series in the San Francisco Bay area done from the early '70s into the '80s. This one was displayed in '76, so the old '58 was sneaking up on 20!
                                Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Working...
                                X