No announcement yet.

Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bicycle registration in Lafayette, Indiana in 1954. What a police car!
    It was definitely a "PR" car for the police department. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...a+state+police

Craig

Comment

• Wow, over 100,000 views! And no end in sight
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• I have a 1/43 scale model of that police car made by Brooklin of England. The sign on each door reads Indiana State Police & above that reads Safety Education. The model sports two horns on the turret along with a light with red lens.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          Wow, over 100,000 views! And no end in sight
          You bet, Bob.

Congratulations for having initiated what has probably been, overall, the most entertaining thread on the SDC Forum, Bob. It's launched a million fond memories and who knows how many side discussions.

Great stuff.

(I haven't contributed all that many photos, so many thanks to you, Joe Roberts, AARRGGH, Craig Parslow, and all the others for whom it is a constant challenge, vying for the title of Top Studebakers in Roadside Americana Poster. Much appreciated, guys.) BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• It has become one of my favorite joys in life to look at photos from the 50s/60s era depicting cars of the era in all manner of scenes- cities, highways, beaches, tourist traps, at work. Thanks to the Internet, there is a never-ending supply of these types of images. I have no idea why anyone took these seemingly ordinary pictures, but I'm sure glad they did My only regret is not being a shutterbug during my life. OH, how I wish I had pictures of the snapshots in my mind

I had a lot of fun a few years back sharing all those postcards here. And, it's been fun posting the Stude-related pics I find here, and seeing the ones others have posted. Sometimes I see pictures I REALLY love and am disappointed that there isn't a Stude in it because I can't add it here.

Anyway, keep them coming, guys. Here's hoping we see many more shots of 50s motels and restaurants, beachside resorts and clubs, and American scenes depicting our beloved Studebakers in their prime, doing what they were born to do. Carry on!
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• I have a bunch...if I just knew how to...
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

• ...We've all been there....
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

• I too enjoy this thread immensely. It is amazing to me how many really cool old pictures are out there that include Studebakers. Dave's Fork in the Road pic is a perfect example. The following is a picture of a Lambretta dealer on this scooter with a wonderful Lark station wagon in the drive way.

Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                    I too enjoy this thread immensely. It is amazing to me how many really cool old pictures are out there that include Studebakers. Dave's Fork in the Road pic is a perfect example. The following is a picture of a Lambretta dealer on this scooter with a wonderful Lark station wagon in the drive way.

Cool, Joe. I wish we could read that dealer tag above the Lark's license plate. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                          Cool, Joe. I wish we could read that dealer tag above the Lark's license plate. BP

From what I gather from the Sir Wheelsy.com blog tis may be somewhere in Texas. Here are a couple more Studebaker pictures from the blog.

Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Snapped these two photos this morning sleepy little Iowa town.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	fire truck 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	1687291Click image for larger version

Name:	fire truck 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	1687292

Comment

• sigpic
                              Dave Lester