Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
    That pic above proves woman look best when posing on " pre-war " Studebakers . (winky smiley here) .
    This one is not the same, is it?
    BTW; pictured here is a third generation Studebaker employee!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Welcome View Post
        This one is not the same, is it?
        BTW; pictured here is a third generation Studebaker employee!!!

Well, if it isn't the same, then they had to park an identical car on the same place along the road with exactly the same trees along the left side of the photo! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Extra points for identifying the car in the background!

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Well, if it isn't the same, then they had to park an identical car on the same place along the road with exactly the same trees along the left side of the photo! BP
            impression' with those two different models" (meaning people).

Comment

• And rounding out my family collection is this photo ...

Comment

Extra points for identifying the car in the background!
                It's a coupe!
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10,
                '51 Commander Starlight,
                '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

• Bob Andrews, could you send a high scan of the march 1960 picture, I'm a Monon Railroad Collector, would like that hopper car shot for my collection. Indiana Connection, the Monon was a Class one railroad entirely in Indiana.....They used a Blue studebaker in a promotional film....

Kevin

Comment

Extra points for identifying the car in the background!
                    I'd say it's a '36 Chevrolet.
                    Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

• Anyone know of where the airport is in post 886?

There is a DC-3 in the right forground (Judging by its red wingtip, it might be a USAF or ANG C-47) ...but at that size I can't tell what the flying aircraft is.
                      63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Well then, when the lady got off the car did she pull the rock (or whatever it is) out of the grille that was pushing the two bars apart? Not there in the guy photo.
                        Last edited by kurtruk; 10-05-2012, 10:19 PM.
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                          Well then, when the lady got off the car did she pull the rock (or whatever it is) out of the grille that was pushing the two bars apart? Not there in the guy photo.
                          They might have, Kurt. Study the pattern of the snow packed in the grooves of that RF tire. It's pretty fuzzy in the guy photo, but appears to be identical to the girl photo. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nwi-region-rat View Post
                            Bob Andrews, could you send a high scan of the march 1960 picture, I'm a Monon Railroad Collector, would like that hopper car shot for my collection. Indiana Connection, the Monon was a Class one railroad entirely in Indiana.....They used a Blue studebaker in a promotional film....

Kevin
                            Hi Kevin-

I do not have any copies of the photos I post here. I find them at various places on the Internet and copy and paste them here if they have a Studebaker in them.

I don't know which picture you're referring to. How about a post number? I can go to that picture and see where I got it from, and give you that source. Or, put your cursor on the picture and right-click; then in the window that opens, click on 'Properties'. That will show the URL of my source.

If you can't do it, let me know which picture it is and I'll look into it for you.
                            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                            Romans 15:13
                            Deuteronomy 31:6
                            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• [I think I have read somewhere that the giant Land Cruiser was used as a theater to show promotional films at the World's Fair. QUOTE=JRoberts;684913]I had never heard of this before. It is a giant 1935 Land Cruiser at the 1934 Chicago World's Fair. Check it out here http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1934-1...d-cruiser7.htm

[/QUOTE]

Comment

They might have, Kurt. Study the pattern of the snow packed in the grooves of that RF tire. It's pretty fuzzy in the guy photo, but appears to be identical to the girl photo. BP
                                I agree, Bob. I studied the snow in the tires and the trees and it sure looks the same. Just couldn't account for the discrepancy in the grille. Having done darkroom work though, (before Photoshop) sometimes wierd things like this just happen. Like the silver grains on the negative just "knew" to line up correctly and straighten that grille out.
                                KURTRUK
                                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X