Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed, the irony being that the insurgents believe they are doing Allah's work to oppose the west.

Such is life.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

I too thank those who have and continue to serve the community, I tried to join the Royal Australian Air Force when younger, unfortunately my eyesight prevented it.

If the Purple Heart is considered a "Military" award surely a "Civilian" award can be created? In any case I have heard it said that a Police Force is a Military Style Organization.

Happy Veterans Day to All

John Clements
          Lockleys South Australia
          John Clements

Comment

I too thank those who have and continue to serve the community, I tried to join the Royal Australian Air Force when younger, unfortunately my eyesight prevented it.

If the Purple Heart is considered a "Military" award surely a "Civilian" award can be created? In any case I have heard it said that a Police Force is a Military Style Organization.

Happy Veterans Day to All

John Clements
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

Thank you all for the kind words. Having been a member of Uncle Sam's Sailing Club for over 19 years now~ I've been proud to serve and am sure that I'll look back on it and realize it wasn't all for naught. Next Summer I'll be able to enjoy a more 'normal' life, but I'm sure I'll miss the NAVY life~ it's been worth it to me...

StudeDave [8D]
              V/P San Diego County SDC
              San Diego, Ca

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
              '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
              '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
              '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
              '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
              '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
              Ah! A fella Swabby from my "Ole Stompin' Grounds" I was on the USS COONTZ DLG-9 when in the Navy 1963 to January 13, 1967. Long Beach was my homeport, but San Diego should have been as much time as we spent there. Probably all of my favorite bars are now gone, such as "MY PLACE". The Coontz has been scrapped in Pennsylvania. I sure do miss those good ole days Dave!
              I'll be in a Veterans Day Parade today at 2:30pm

~ Don ~

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

Thank you all for the kind words. Having been a member of Uncle Sam's Sailing Club for over 19 years now~ I've been proud to serve and am sure that I'll look back on it and realize it wasn't all for naught. Next Summer I'll be able to enjoy a more 'normal' life, but I'm sure I'll miss the NAVY life~ it's been worth it to me...

StudeDave [8D]
                V/P San Diego County SDC
                San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
                '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
                '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
                '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                Ah! A fella Swabby from my "Ole Stompin' Grounds" I was on the USS COONTZ DLG-9 when in the Navy 1963 to January 13, 1967. Long Beach was my homeport, but San Diego should have been as much time as we spent there. Probably all of my favorite bars are now gone, such as "MY PLACE". The Coontz has been scrapped in Pennsylvania. I sure do miss those good ole days Dave!
                I'll be in a Veterans Day Parade today at 2:30pm

~ Don ~

Comment

My dad was a Marine for 20 years and saw tours in Korea and Vietnam. He's not here to thank, but I thank each and every one of you who are. The world is a better place for your service.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard
                  http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

My dad was a Marine for 20 years and saw tours in Korea and Vietnam. He's not here to thank, but I thank each and every one of you who are. The world is a better place for your service.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                    '63 F2/Lark Standard
                    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude1961

Thank you to all Studebaker Drivers Club members who are veterans or who lost a loved one while they were defending our country. How proud we all should be to live in the United States of America.
                      And also those who built the cars and trucks we love.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude1961

Thank you to all Studebaker Drivers Club members who are veterans or who lost a loved one while they were defending our country. How proud we all should be to live in the United States of America.
                        And also those who built the cars and trucks we love.

Craig

Comment

Studedude1961
                          --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Studedude1961
                            --1963 Cruiser

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Lark Parker

Lord give me the strength to stay off this keyboard.

20 years US Navy
                              Lark Parker
                              I hear what you are saying, Lark.

Let me add my voice to those who have offered thanks to the veterans of wars past, and also to those brave men and women who are fighting on our our behalf in the wars of today.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Lark Parker

Lord give me the strength to stay off this keyboard.

20 years US Navy
                                Lark Parker
                                I hear what you are saying, Lark.

Let me add my voice to those who have offered thanks to the veterans of wars past, and also to those brave men and women who are fighting on our our behalf in the wars of today.

Comment

Working...
                                X