Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A sincere Thank You to all of the men and women who put their country ahead of their own lives. Sorry for the cliche' but it is true: Freedom isn't Free!

55 Commander
    58 Transtar
    62 GT Hawk
    66 Cruiser

Comment

A sincere Thank You to all of the men and women who put their country ahead of their own lives. Sorry for the cliche' but it is true: Freedom isn't Free!

55 Commander
      58 Transtar
      62 GT Hawk
      66 Cruiser

Comment

A parade in Plains???
        What... a whole block long?
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by rockinhawk

I was in Plains Ga. today. As I wasleaving I saw a large group of soldiers in ranks as iof they were prepareing for a parade. A laaarrrge white Limo pulled up and they snapped to attention. I wonder who might have been in that car? NT
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

A parade in Plains???
          What... a whole block long?
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by rockinhawk

I was in Plains Ga. today. As I wasleaving I saw a large group of soldiers in ranks as iof they were prepareing for a parade. A laaarrrge white Limo pulled up and they snapped to attention. I wonder who might have been in that car? NT
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

On a serious note-

I would like to give my MOST SINCERE THANK YOU to all you heroes who have served this country. Whatever your duties, wherever or whenever you served, you are truly heroes in my book. You can always be proud that you did the Lord's work.

I myself did not serve. I wanted to be a Marine like my Dad, but he talked me out of it. Must be it was meant to be.

Today, I feel very strongly about our soldiers serving for a truly noble cause, doing work that has to be done for the long-term benefit of the country. I'm too old to serve now, so I honor those that are by taking advantage of the opportunities freedom allows me to pursue, loving my family and friends, and defending my country and our soldiers to anyone who would disrespect it, or them.

To all veterans of all ages, whether you fought in combat or not-

THANK YOU, and GOD BLESS!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

On a serious note-

I would like to give my MOST SINCERE THANK YOU to all you heroes who have served this country. Whatever your duties, wherever or whenever you served, you are truly heroes in my book. You can always be proud that you did the Lord's work.

I myself did not serve. I wanted to be a Marine like my Dad, but he talked me out of it. Must be it was meant to be.

Today, I feel very strongly about our soldiers serving for a truly noble cause, doing work that has to be done for the long-term benefit of the country. I'm too old to serve now, so I honor those that are by taking advantage of the opportunities freedom allows me to pursue, loving my family and friends, and defending my country and our soldiers to anyone who would disrespect it, or them.

To all veterans of all ages, whether you fought in combat or not-

THANK YOU, and GOD BLESS!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words. Having been a member of Uncle Sam's Sailing Club for over 19 years now~ I've been proud to serve and am sure that I'll look back on it and realize it wasn't all for naught. Next Summer I'll be able to enjoy a more 'normal' life, but I'm sure I'll miss the NAVY life~ it's been worth it to me...

StudeDave [8D]
                V/P San Diego County SDC
                San Diego, Ca

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
                '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
                '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
                '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words. Having been a member of Uncle Sam's Sailing Club for over 19 years now~ I've been proud to serve and am sure that I'll look back on it and realize it wasn't all for naught. Next Summer I'll be able to enjoy a more 'normal' life, but I'm sure I'll miss the NAVY life~ it's been worth it to me...

StudeDave [8D]
                  V/P San Diego County SDC
                  San Diego, Ca

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
                  '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
                  '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
                  '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                  '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                  '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

We had our Remberance Day here today 11/11/07, rather sad to think such evil things as wars still exist in the 21st Century, one would have thought we would have learned from the horrors of the 20th Century.
                    A special thanks for the American contribution toward keeping the Japanese from reaching Australia in WW2.

I disagree with Bams about "our side" doing the Lord's work. It seems that both sides in wars imagine that Deity is on "their" side, when I feel Deity is watching sadly from the sidelines.

Goddess Bless

John Clements
                    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                    Lockleys South Australia
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

We had our Remberance Day here today 11/11/07, rather sad to think such evil things as wars still exist in the 21st Century, one would have thought we would have learned from the horrors of the 20th Century.
                      A special thanks for the American contribution toward keeping the Japanese from reaching Australia in WW2.

I disagree with Bams about "our side" doing the Lord's work. It seems that both sides in wars imagine that Deity is on "their" side, when I feel Deity is watching sadly from the sidelines.

Goddess Bless

John Clements
                      Lockleys South Australia
                      John Clements

Comment

Interesting Nash poster, though I note the soldiers are both white. Somewhat ironic that 10 years after the war that Nash suggested would create an America where all were free, Rosa Parks was ordered to give up her seat to a white man in Alabama, and later that state set the dogs onto Martin Luther King and his supporters, whilst also doing their best to resist freedom for the black Americans.

So much for freedom.

I recall reading Dr Robert Schuller relating the story of a Black man who felt he was just a poor "n....." and Dr Schuller pointed out that, in fact, he was just the opposite, despite the abominable ways the white people treated them, black America survived and prospered (at least some of them).

John Clements
                        Lockleys South Australia
                        John Clements

Comment

Interesting Nash poster, though I note the soldiers are both white. Somewhat ironic that 10 years after the war that Nash suggested would create an America where all were free, Rosa Parks was ordered to give up her seat to a white man in Alabama, and later that state set the dogs onto Martin Luther King and his supporters, whilst also doing their best to resist freedom for the black Americans.

So much for freedom.

I recall reading Dr Robert Schuller relating the story of a Black man who felt he was just a poor "n....." and Dr Schuller pointed out that, in fact, he was just the opposite, despite the abominable ways the white people treated them, black America survived and prospered (at least some of them).

John Clements
                          Lockleys South Australia
                          John Clements

Comment

When our military is protecting the elderly, children and their mothers from wanton slaughter and abuse, such as Saddam inflicted, I call that the Lord's work. I am sure He would rather less blood be shed to accomplish that task. I'm not a hero, just a Cold War warrior who did his job.

Comment

When our military is protecting the elderly, children and their mothers from wanton slaughter and abuse, such as Saddam inflicted, I call that the Lord's work. I am sure He would rather less blood be shed to accomplish that task. I'm not a hero, just a Cold War warrior who did his job.

Comment

Indeed, the irony being that the insurgents believe they are doing Allah's work to oppose the west.

Such is life.

John Clements
                                Lockleys South Australia
                                John Clements

Comment

Working...
                                X