Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    From today's Hemmings Blog. 1957 Champion or Commander DeLuxe almost dead center, right above the 1963 Falcon, no?

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-...970x291@2x.jpg
    I think you are right. This one was kind of a puzzle.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• I spot at least 2 Studebakers in this photo. Possibly more. Can you spot them? -- From Hemmings Daily.

Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

• Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
        I spot at least 2 Studebakers in this photo. Possibly more. Can you spot them? -- From Hemmings Daily.

I strained myself when I saw that this morning, Ed. There's probably a third (and 4th and even 5th) Studebaker somewhere, but we just can't see them well enough to identify them.

(As an aside, I think there must be a Ben Franklin "5&10" somewhere nearby...that's where the Falcon, Corvair, and Rambler American drivers in the foreground got their drivers licenses! ) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• "skyway, If I remember correctly, I did meet him and spokes for some time"

Indeed Dave!
          I think you also responded to me when I reached out for suggestions for him.
          He rode the train out for the day, and really enjoyed himself!
          Thanks,
          Gary

Comment

• The (2) I see are both wagons

Comment

• The 7:th car in the 2:nd row from right doesn't look like a wagon to me...
              (& looking at the Pontiac between the -56 Dodge & -57 Chevy makes me happy that MoPar & Studebaker didn't share designer with GM!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                The 7:th car in the 2:nd row from right doesn't look like a wagon to me.
                It appears to be a 1961 Cruiser to me. Perhaps in Autumn Haze??

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                  The 7:th car in the 2:nd row from right doesn't look like a wagon to me...
                  (& looking at the Pontiac between the -56 Dodge & -57 Chevy makes me happy that MoPar & Studebaker didn't share designer with GM!)
                  When Mechanix Illustrated road tester Tom McCahill first viewed the 1955 Pontiac, he said it "looked like it was born on its nose!"

Comment

• interesting how many station wagons there are in the picture (including the Lark), real quick count is well lover 25, plus almost all of the cars are post 1955, truly a credit to the post war boom.
                    One would think there would be a bunch of 40"s cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike cenit View Post
                      interesting how many station wagons there are in the picture (including the Lark), real quick count is well lover 25, plus almost all of the cars are post 1955, truly a credit to the post war boom.
                      Station wagons are today's SUVs. By the 1960s (this picture) it was rare to see a 1940s car in regular use, at least around here. Mechanically, 1940s cars did not last like 1990s cars do (today's equivalent car age). Even with that, there are few 1990s cars in regular use around here now.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• Originally posted by mike cenit View Post
                        interesting how many station wagons there are in the picture (including the Lark), real quick count is well lover 25, plus almost all of the cars are post 1955, truly a credit to the post war boom.
                        I assume you meant the post war baby boom, that required more space for all the kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by HOXXOH View Post
                          I assume you meant the post war baby boom, that required more space for all the kids.
                          I assumed that he meant the postwar economic boon that allowed more people to buy new cars, as well as built up savings by returning GIs, but we should let the original poster explain his meaning.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• Courtesy theoldmotor.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto show.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1724174
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

• Whitehall, OH from Hemmings daily
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nice to see so many Hemi cars in one picture!

Comment

Working...
                                X