No announcement yet.

Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #10275 - Even though this was late 1950s (I see two 1956 models), I don't see any foreign cars (or trucks, SUVs, vans).
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• Originally posted by studegary View Post
      #10275 - Even though this was late 1950s (I see two 1956 models), I don't see any foreign cars (or trucks, SUVs, vans).
      I noticed that as well. By 1956 there should be at last ONE Volkswagen in a big parking lot like the one above. Come to think of it, I don't see a VW in the 1964 photo in post #10263 either. The Beetle was leader in import sales in North America the 1950's & '60's.

Craig

Comment

• Well, I would have a hard time choosing between the Starliner and the De Soto!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by christophe View Post
          Well, I would have a hard time choosing between the Starliner and the De Soto!
          You are probably referring to what looks like a Starlight to me (but I do have a small screen).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• Originally posted by studegary View Post
            You are probably referring to what looks like a Starlight to me (but I do have a small screen).
            You're right. I looked at it too quickly the first time and did not notice the B pillar.
            Nice day to all.
            sigpic

Comment

• Check out the hood fit around the grille on that early '53 Starlight coupe! And I don't think its unlatched, either.

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                Check out the hood fit around the grille on that early '53 Starlight coupe! And I don't think its unlatched, either.

Craig
                I noticed that too. Well, let's be optimistic and assume that the hood latch is in need of adjustment...
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                  Check out the hood fit around the grille on that early '53 Starlight coupe! And I don't think its unlatched, either.

Craig
                  The Starlight was at least three years old then, so the fit does not look that unusual to me.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• To Skyway, I too meet your son( if he was the one studying Meteorology at Monash) and spoke for some time, a well mannered decent young man, even offered him a drive of my 62 Lark which he politely declined. Cheers phil

Comment

• My apologies for cluttering up this thread, but I tried to send this info via "Private Message", and it just won't work.

All, (but especially Cus63, Dave Pink, & Harryhawk, & any others from down under),

Thanks for the kind words about my son Alek's 2009 visit to AU, and his trip to the Ballarat meet.
                      FYI, his (in my humble opinion pretty darn interesting) travel blog covering his entire time in AU can be found at:

https://akraut.wordpress.com/

The blog begins with his June exit, and goes backwards to his February arrival, with the Ballarat Meet covered in the April section.

Hope you find it interesting,
                      Gary K

Comment

• It may be a Packard-baker front center but...
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1460.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1724354

Comment

• And another from the good old days in Lost Wages;
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1458.jpg
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1724355

Comment

• Originally posted by spokejr View Post
                            And another from the good old days in Lost Wages;
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]76969[/ATTACH]
                            The model on the left looks to be imitating the front bumper....

Comment

• NCIS episode "Bikini Wax" airdate 2005-03-29.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00880.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1724364Nice looking truck with wooden stake sides. This is supposed to be in DC or surrounding boroughs.

Comment

• Originally posted by skyway View Post
                                My apologies for cluttering up this thread, but I tried to send this info via "Private Message", and it just won't work.

All, (but especially Cus63, Dave Pink, & Harryhawk, & any others from down under),

Thanks for the kind words about my son Alek's 2009 visit to AU, and his trip to the Ballarat meet.
                                FYI, his (in my humble opinion pretty darn interesting) travel blog covering his entire time in AU can be found at:

https://akraut.wordpress.com/

The blog begins with his June exit, and goes backwards to his February arrival, with the Ballarat Meet covered in the April section.

Hope you find it interesting,
                                Gary K
                                I am sure I have seen the very occasional Studebaker on the "Doc Blake" TV series that is supposed to take place in Ballarat in the '50's.

Comment

Working...
                                X