X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobPalma
    replied
    Threads like this can get out of hand pretty quick, but that does not diminish the essential thought:

Thanks to all Veterans this day -and every day- for your service to The United States of America.

(Yes, I called my 90-year-old-father, an Army Air Corps Veteran of WWII, to convey thanks in person.) BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Threads like this can get out of hand pretty quick, but that does not diminish the essential thought:

Thanks to all Veterans this day -and every day- for your service to The United States of America.

(Yes, I called my 90-year-old-father, an Army Air Corps Veteran of WWII, to convey thanks in person.) BP

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Whether we're dancing on the end of some deity's puppet strings or twitching on our own - I voluntarily joined the US armed services - stuck my hand up when volunteers were called for to go where they were tossin' real munitions about. I did my job to repulse the advance of communisim and as an unfathomable irony, my country now BORROWS from a Communist nation to finance another war. All in all, I'm proud to be a vet.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Whether we're dancing on the end of some deity's puppet strings or twitching on our own - I voluntarily joined the US armed services - stuck my hand up when volunteers were called for to go where they were tossin' real munitions about. I did my job to repulse the advance of communisim and as an unfathomable irony, my country now BORROWS from a Communist nation to finance another war. All in all, I'm proud to be a vet.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Lark Parker
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by avantilover

Interesting Nash poster, though I note the soldiers are both white. Somewhat ironic that 10 years after the war that Nash suggested would create an America where all were free, Rosa Parks was ordered to give up her seat to a white man in Alabama, and later that state set the dogs onto Martin Luther King and his supporters, whilst also doing their best to resist freedom for the black Americans.

So much for freedom.

I recall reading Dr Robert Schuller relating the story of a Black man who felt he was just a poor "n....." and Dr Schuller pointed out that, in fact, he was just the opposite, despite the abominable ways the white people treated them, black America survived and prospered (at least some of them).

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    Please keep me posted on the Australian Holidays. I may wish to take the opportunity to comment on the history and ways of your country.

20 years US Navy
    Lark Parker

Leave a comment:

• Lark Parker
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by avantilover

Interesting Nash poster, though I note the soldiers are both white. Somewhat ironic that 10 years after the war that Nash suggested would create an America where all were free, Rosa Parks was ordered to give up her seat to a white man in Alabama, and later that state set the dogs onto Martin Luther King and his supporters, whilst also doing their best to resist freedom for the black Americans.

So much for freedom.

I recall reading Dr Robert Schuller relating the story of a Black man who felt he was just a poor "n....." and Dr Schuller pointed out that, in fact, he was just the opposite, despite the abominable ways the white people treated them, black America survived and prospered (at least some of them).

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    Please keep me posted on the Australian Holidays. I may wish to take the opportunity to comment on the history and ways of your country.

20 years US Navy
    Lark Parker

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Lark Parker

Lord give me the strength to stay off this keyboard.

20 years US Navy
    Lark Parker
    I hear what you are saying, Lark.

Let me add my voice to those who have offered thanks to the veterans of wars past, and also to those brave men and women who are fighting on our our behalf in the wars of today.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Lark Parker

Lord give me the strength to stay off this keyboard.

20 years US Navy
    Lark Parker
    I hear what you are saying, Lark.

Let me add my voice to those who have offered thanks to the veterans of wars past, and also to those brave men and women who are fighting on our our behalf in the wars of today.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Leave a comment:

• Studedude1961
    replied
    Thank you to all Studebaker Drivers Club members who are veterans or who lost a loved one while they were defending our country. How proud we all should be to live in the United States of America.

Studedude1961
    --1963 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• Studedude1961
    replied
    Thank you to all Studebaker Drivers Club members who are veterans or who lost a loved one while they were defending our country. How proud we all should be to live in the United States of America.

Studedude1961
    --1963 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Studedude1961

And also those who built the cars and trucks we love.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Studedude1961

And also those who built the cars and trucks we love.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    My dad was a Marine for 20 years and saw tours in Korea and Vietnam. He's not here to thank, but I thank each and every one of you who are. The world is a better place for your service.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
    www.studebakersandiego.com

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    My dad was a Marine for 20 years and saw tours in Korea and Vietnam. He's not here to thank, but I thank each and every one of you who are. The world is a better place for your service.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Leave a comment:

• countryboy
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

Thank you all for the kind words. Having been a member of Uncle Sam's Sailing Club for over 19 years now~ I've been proud to serve and am sure that I'll look back on it and realize it wasn't all for naught. Next Summer I'll be able to enjoy a more 'normal' life, but I'm sure I'll miss the NAVY life~ it's been worth it to me...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
    Ah! A fella Swabby from my "Ole Stompin' Grounds" I was on the USS COONTZ DLG-9 when in the Navy 1963 to January 13, 1967. Long Beach was my homeport, but San Diego should have been as much time as we spent there. Probably all of my favorite bars are now gone, such as "MY PLACE". The Coontz has been scrapped in Pennsylvania. I sure do miss those good ole days Dave!
    I'll be in a Veterans Day Parade today at 2:30pm

~ Don ~

Leave a comment:

Working...
X