No announcement yet.

1960 Champs - T-Cabs - 5Es - forum registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jake - you have the first 5E11 on the list!

Comment

Not surprising, as they only made 277 of them in this last year of E11 production. None of the 3/4-ton Champs sold very well.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

I've tried to research the production numbers for the 3/4 ton Champ's, but did not have much luck. By the serial number, Stew is the 94th 3/4 ton to roll off the assembly line, and I'd be interested to know how many are known to survive.
        FYI, Stew appears to have been used as an asphalt truck sometime in its life, as there is asphalt dried in odd places on the chassis.

Jake
        1960 Champ 5E11-122 "Stew"

Comment

By the information in the Studebaker National Museum’s monogram on the Champ trucks, the first 5E11 was numbered 13,901 and the last was 14,190 - making it the last 3/4 ton E11 Studebaker produced. 245 E11s was sold domestically and 44 were exported.

Considering these vehicles were not bought to go to the grocery store or church in, most were worked to death. A Champ I am currently working only lasted 8 years before being parked.

This is just a guess, but I would imagine you could count all the 5E11s with both hands and one shoe off... Thanks for the info and good luck.

Comment

@62Champ, Thanks for the information. I'm relatively new to Studes, but I grew up with old Mopars, Fords, Chevies, and the occasional small company vehicle, so I'm learning as I go.

Jake
            1960 Champ 5E11-122 "Stew"

Comment

No worries Jake - there are tons of people here that can answer questions and Studebaker has a very decent number of really good vendors out there. There is a company that is remaking floor panels for Champ trucks - so your ‘floor boards’ could be replaced with metal instead of wood...

Comment

5E7-13205 - 112 WB - T6 cab - for sale on Ebay, August 2019.

Information from the listing:

1960 Studebaker Champ Pick Up
                This is not your standard studebaker pick up truck from the 1960s. This truck was built in the 1990s by Willie Nelson's bus Driver Gene Strickland. I have a picture of Willie Nelson and Gene Strickland together in front of the truck when it was first built.
                Front Camaro Suspension with power disc brakes
                power steering, air conditioning, Chevrolet 1965 corvette 327 with edelbrock carb and headers, aluminum intake 330 horsepower
                1978 trans am 10 bolt rear end with disc brakes and 3.55 posi gear
                Front and Rear fiberglass fenders, custom bed shortened, louvered hood
                painted in 1993 with the flames and pinstripe
                signed by Willie Nelson and Joe Kelii Grey (Hawaiin Singer)
                originally Tennessee Jack Daniels Delivery Truck from Florida
                since we have owned it we put a new fuel tank in it with a new sending unit and matching gauge. The speedometer was never hooked up all these years so we also did a cable and transmission input to get it working.
                LED tail lights
                New Edelbrock Carb
                New alternater

Brakes have been done on all 4 corners
                New Radiator hoses
                Flush cooling system
                The motor runs great with no noise has excellent oil pressure and runs around 160 temp on the hottest of days
                The vintage air was also an add on and blows cool
                The truck is truly one of a kind with exceptional paint and NO RUST

Gets a lot of looks and honestly people don't know what it is so if you are looking for a high quality build and different this truck is for you...no dissapointments this is the real deal. It would take a lot of money to build a truck of this quality and workmanship today.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	our champ truck at the Bells 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1729284Studerich posted about our family owned 1960 Champ. Here it is at the Bells Studebaker Diner tonight. It sports some extra emblems and an aluminum high compression head. We turned 59, 400 miles tonight , original paint and wear....

Comment

Here's a 5E-6-112 that I brought home last week. Part of an unneeded stash of parts trucks looking for a new home. VIN 18931Click image for larger version

Name:	5E6-112.jpeg
Views:	316
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	1817442
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by RebelStude; 01-18-2020, 10:08 AM.
                    George

Comment

Oasis Green just like Our's.

That Left Front Fender looks pretty good, do you know why it was removed?
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

5E6-19099 - 122 wb - T-6 cab - for sale on Ebay, October 2020

Ad:
                        1960 Studebaker Champ: a true beauty, V8
                        interior and exterior are in great condition, runs and drives well.
                        CLEAN TITLE
                        Newly Restored.
                        99,999 miles.

Comment

5e7-112
                          e71279

[ATTACH=JSON]n1863552[/ATTACH]
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by studeski; 11-01-2020, 10:04 AM.
                          1936 Dictator
                          1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
                          1953 Commander Regal HT
                          1953 2R5 Pickup
                          1947 M16 Truck
                          1960 Lark VIII Convertible
                          1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
                          1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                          1962 GT Hawk
                          1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                          1963 GT Hawk R2
                          1964 Daytona Convertible
                          1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

The Baby Blue 5E6-19099 in post #71 was a Commander Six and Now is Ch$@y Powered!
                            StudeRich
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I owned a 1963 3/4 ton Truck 8E12, but I have since sold it but it came to be from the Bremerton area, previous owner Al Baldwin. I Picked it up and trailered it home but if the brakes were not so bad I could of drove it home. Like I said it came to me with a 259 V8 2bb, 4spd with granny low, that 4 speed was a beech to use in the city for work. So I removed the engine and installed a rebuilt 289 V8 that came out of a 64 Cruiser, installed a 700R4 automatic, installed 4 new drums and brake lines, but at first the brakes worked good but later on they did not stop the truck in Reverse and I could not find anyone up here to fix the problem so I taught myself how to stop it when needed as I did not drive very fast in reverse. My wife painted the truck with flat latex paint then put clear coat on top turned out pretty good but as time wore on it needed another paint job. I had the rear diff which was a 4:10 diff completely gone over it cost me around $1600. for that work. The rebuilt 700R4 cost me $5000 and the brakes cost a bit to but I cannot remember their cost nor the 289v8. We also installed a 4BB which I should not of and just stayed a 2BB the 4BB was heavy on fuel. Then I sold the truck as I was not using it as much as when I was working now I'm retired but my pension did not pay me that much $$$$ so I could not afford to much so she had to go, a Dr. living in Prince George bought it and he had it may 6 months of one summer got the brakes fixed and sold as he was just to busy himself and not enough time to use it. Where it is now who knows?
                              Peter Sauer

Comment

Originally posted by T442163 View Post
                                Do you still own the 1960 Champ 5E6-122, Vehicle Identification Number: E6-18224?
                                I used to own this one when it was Red.
                                Is this the movie it was in? Loving (2017) Amar (original title)
                                That is the Post #47, very light Baby Blue T4, 112 W/B Truck from Virginia with the Side Mount Spare, that Peter Crisitello asked about, does anyone know about it?
                                StudeRich
                                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                                X