No announcement yet.

1960 Champs - T-Cabs - 5Es - forum registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1960 5E-12 #4390 all original engine,drivetrain, paint and glass. I had the front bumper, grill, and wheels powder coated. Wheels are late model Chevy, as are the side mirrors I believe. It is a 3 speed, converted to floor shift. It has an oil filter, dual door locks, windshield wipers.

Attached Files
    Last edited by 62champ; 01-14-2021, 06:48 PM.

Comment

5E5-129280 - 112 WB - T6 cab - for sale on Motorcar Portfolio.com - December 2020

Climitizer, oil filter, radio, automatic tranny

Ad: 1960 Studebaker Champ short box pickup. Nicely restored and refinished in the original Colonial Red with a complimentary interior. Power has been upgraded to the Studebaker 289 ci./225 hp 4bbl. V8 coupled to the Borg-Warner automatic transmission. The engine was rebuilt by Done Right Engines in Cleveland, Ohio. Excellent new Coker radial wide whitewall tires, Studebaker AM radio, and tonneau cover for the unrestored bed. Previous owned states he doubts the truck has had even 100 miles on it since restoration.

Comment

Very nice looking Champ Deluxe Cab, they did a nice job on the Engine, perfect for a 1956 or '57 Stude. too bad it's in the wrong year Truck.

It never ceases to amaze me how SO many Engine builders or assemblers just can't get it through their Heads that the Hottest Water from the Engine returning to the radiator where the Pressure is, not suction, is where the Control/Temp. Valve goes, so that you can actually TURN IT OFF!

I don't know who connected and installed it, but apparently "DONE RIGHT ENGINES" in Ohio built this one!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

5E5 - 128491 - 112 WB - T4 cab - for sale on Ebay, December 2020

Climitizer and factory rear bumper

Ad info: Studebaker. 1960 champ with a studebaker 289 with aftermarket fitec fuel injection, four speed trans and true duel exhaust. Truck also has front disk brakes with new wheels and tires. Has new wood bed and new interior. Truck looks runs and stops as it should but will still need some work to be as close to perfect as a 60 yr old truck can be. This is a project that will need some finishing touches. Steering is a bit sloppy.Front end will need some attention it is 60 yrs old. It is my opinion that king pins will need to be replaced. (I don't have the tools required or I would have already done them.) Other little things like window lace and wiskers are needed. Some of the wiring will need a bit of attention,rear blinkers don't work at this time. all in all this is a very rare truck that draws a crowd everywhere I take it.

Last edited by 62champ; 01-17-2021, 08:21 AM.

Comment

5E7-13598 - 122 WB - T4 cab - information submitted through registry email.

Four speed, heater, and radio.

Comment

• Stu-Bert
              Stu-Bert commented
              Editing a comment
              I recently purchased this vehicle E71398

• 62champ
              62champ commented
              Editing a comment
              Just like you added the comment below, you can add photos as well here or in another post. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by mbstude; 02-28-2021, 02:34 PM.

Comment

5E5-128975 - 112 WB - T6 cab - for sale on ebay, November, 2023.

Original production order only shows overdrive and directional signals as extra. Rebuild added V8 and other things.

Comment

5E7-12734 - 112 WB - T4 cab - posted for sale on Facebook

Climitizer, four speed transmission and fender-side spare tire.

Comment

5E5-128986 - 112 WB - T6 cab - for sale on Facebook Marketplace - Round Mountain, Texas.

Only visible accessory is climitizer

Comment

LOL, it looks we are having to reach out pretty Far to register 1960's !

I would save those rare Stainless Steel 1960 back to 1953, outside door handles, that's about it.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                    X