No announcement yet.

Studebakers In The Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the original Terminator, you can catch a very quick glimpse of a Champ in a parking garage while Arnold's character drives by.

Will [8D]

"The Common Sense Car"
    "The Common Sense Car"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com

'61 Lark "Isabella"
    '63 Lark "Lucy"
    '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
    A bunch of other Larks
    '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

Comment

• that old t v program my three sons had an avanti of 1963 supercharged in it and edd the talking horse a 63 lark

Comment

• I just watched Cameron Crowe's "Elizabethtown" and there's a quick shot of the exterior of the Lorraine Motel in Memphis with what I am sure is a '58 President hardtop parked out front, fins facing the camera.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
        '63 Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by mbstude

The World's Fastest Indian. Has a 53 coupe hitting the Salt Flats in Bonneville.

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut. Hazlehurst, Georgia
          I watched the movie (DVD) last night (highly recommended). I saw one Studebaker on the salt in the movie and one in the extra video past the end of the movie. After the movie I checked my email and I had an inquiry from a man with a land speed race '53 (HIGHLY modified). He wanted to know about the authenticity of fender skirts on a '53. He wanted to enclose the rear wheels for less drag, but apparently the Southern California Timing Association requires that they be an authentic '53 item (they were- I've factory pix of them). Here is the car:
          BTW- the trailer info on the DVD is really great because it has a lot of footage of the actual Burt Munro (played by Anthony Hopkins in the movie).

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/64%20Daytona%20Convertible/Copy%20of%20DaytonaConvert7-20-06.JPG[/img=right]

Paul Johnson
          '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
          '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
          Museum R-4 engine
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

• I didn't notice this before, but I just got done watching the Hitchcock film, "North by Northwest", quite a few Studes in the background in alot of the traffic scenes.

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by StudHawk60

I didn't notice this before, but I just got done watching the Hitchcock film, "North by Northwest", quite a few Studes in the background in alot of the traffic scenes.
              In Hitchcock's "Birds" there was a 2R sitting at the gas pump when the birds attacked and caused the gas station to go up in flames.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/64%20Daytona%20Convertible/Copy%20of%20DaytonaConvert7-20-06.JPG[/img=right]

Paul Johnson
              '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
              '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
              Museum R-4 engine
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

• Will this thread ever die?

As long as they're making movies and old ones are being released on DVD, I'd say 'no'. In the late seventies, Fred K. Fox started 'Studebakers on the Silver Screen' in his column/feature articles, and members still submit entries in TW...

Craig

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by 53k
                  I watched the movie (DVD) last night (highly recommended). I saw one Studebaker on the salt in the movie and one in the extra video past the end of the movie. After the movie I checked my email and I had an inquiry from a man with a land speed race '53 (HIGHLY modified). He wanted to know about the authenticity of fender skirts on a '53. He wanted to enclose the rear wheels for less drag, but apparently the Southern California Timing Association requires that they be an authentic '53 item (they were- I've factory pix of them).
                  [/quote]

Fender skirts were factory accessories for 1953 Studebakers. For C/K models they were Rear Fender Shields AC-2350 for $20.50.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY
                  1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
                  1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• After srolling through what others have seen in the movies, I will add that there was a canyon copper '58 Silver Hawk sitting on a side street in "The Jan & Dean Story" where the rear of it is clearly shown. Someone else posted about the white sand '59 Lark in Goldfinger that was sitting at a red light while the blue Lincoln that ended up being crushed went by. I remember it being a 4-door sedan, not a 'coupe'. As far as TV commercials, I remember seeing a Midas Muffler commercial around 1972 showing they will install mufflers on cars no longer made, including Studebaker. A G.T. Hawk was shown driving by in that commercial.

Craig

Comment

• I think it's worth to mention the movie "A Bronx Tale" - Robert De Niro and Chazz Palminteri. One Studebaker Lark appears in few scenes. I'm not sure about the year but I think it's 1960 Lark.

Last edited by yorgee; 12-29-2010, 04:12 AM. Reason: Updated links to photos

Comment

• Are ther ever any Hawks on film?

quote:Originally posted by yorgee

I think it's worth to mention the movie "A Bronx Tale" - Robert De Niro and Chazz Palminteri. One Studebaker Lark appears in few scenes. I'm not sure about the year but I think it's 1960 Lark.

Comment

• How about "Blaze Starr Goes Nudist"? The famous burlesque star drives to a Florida nudist camp in a yellow '59 Lark convertible.

Comment

• Hey Yesca,
                            Can you loan me your copy of that movie. I'm really interested in yellow convertibles![)]

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                            53 Starliner Hardtop
                            Newton Grove, NC

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by Yesca

How about "Blaze Starr Goes Nudist"? The famous burlesque star drives to a Florida nudist camp in a yellow '59 Lark convertible.
                              I guess that is some of that Hollywood slight of hand because the earliest Lark convertible made by Studebaker is a 1960 model <G>.

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY
                              1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
                              1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• It is a 1959 Regal 4dr. 59S or 59V-W6 most likely a Lark VIII, but could be either a VI or VIII.

quote:Originally posted by yorgee

I think it's worth to mention the movie "A Bronx Tale" - Robert De Niro and Chazz Palminteri. One Studebaker Lark appears in few scenes. I'm not sure about the year but I think it's 1960 Lark.
                                StudeRich
                                Studebakers Northwest
                                Ferndale, WA
                                StudeRich
                                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                                X