No announcement yet.

Counting '55 President Speedsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those stick columns are pretty rare, but don't rule out a clean floorshift conversion, at least till you can come up with the factory column shift parts.

Comment

• Another 1955 President Speedster, new to this roster, shows up on e-bay today!...This Pimlico Grey/Shasta White example has had a recent complete restoration...which, in truth, shows a few 'rough edges'. Still, a really nice looking car with a lot of $$$$ spent on it. Serial# 7167663. St. Louis MO. dealer.

Comment

• 1955 President Speedster roster update...........278 vehicles 'existing' (in various conditions).....14 vehicles confirmed scrapped or parted. That's 292 Speedsters accounted for.

Can we make it to 300?

Comment

• Thanks to Stude Forum member Brett Hall, we have another '55 President Speedster new to the rosters, Serial # 7807857, 6HK7-1602, Solid, LA car, "Neopolitan Ice Cream Special"!! (Tri-Tone) Listed on Phoenix Craigslist.

Keep 'em coming folks!

Comment

• Another beautiful Pimlico Grey/Shasta White '55 President Speedster turns up for sale on e-bay today. This one (serial#7165647, 6HK7 1468) is no stranger to the roster though, as Bob Johannessen had it listed back in '93.

A real nice car, with some common sense up dates to make it a great driving vehicle! (radial tires, front disc brakes, GM 700R4 tranny, and, of course, a modern 12 Volt electrical system!

Comment

• A 'barn find' '55 President Speedster surfaces on e-bay today!! (new to the roster)...A complete, basically solid Hialeah Green/Sun Valley Yellow Speedster from Iowa.....Early model, Serial # 7154741, WELL worth restoring!!
              Last edited by SN-60; 09-13-2015, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                A 'barn find' '55 President Speedster surfaces on e-bay today!! (new to the roster)...A complete, basically solid Hialeah Green/Sun Valley Yellow Speedster from North Carolina.....Early model, Serial # 7154741, WELL worth restoring!!
                I think the Speedster is actually in North Central Iowa...darn it!
                Mike Davis
                1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

A 'barn find' '55 President Speedster surfaces on e-bay today!! (new to the roster)...A complete, basically solid Hialeah Green/Sun Valley Yellow Speedster from North Carolina.....Early model, Serial # 7154741, WELL worth restoring!!
                  I saw that. Here is the link; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-/...m=311442621811
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

• Wish I had someplace to keep that car. Looks like a good buy. Also wish I'd have known about it a couple weeks ago because I drove through that town on my way home from St Louis.

Comment

• Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                      Wish I had someplace to keep that car. Looks like a good buy. Also wish I'd have known about it a couple weeks ago because I drove through that town on my way home from St Louis.
                      Ditto!.........There are VERY few Speedsters to be found in untouched, unrestored condition like this one is! (That is, with a great potential to be 'brought back' like this one.)..............Actually, there are very few Studebakers left of ANY year or model to be 'BARN FOUND' in the same condition as this Speedster!

Comment

A 'barn find' '55 President Speedster surfaces on e-bay today!! (new to the roster)...A complete, basically solid Hialeah Green/Sun Valley Yellow Speedster from Iowa.....Early model, Serial # 7154741, WELL worth restoring!!
                        This car was the 4741st 1955 President model built in South Bend (of all President body styles, not just Speedster). That makes it about 23% of the way through 1955 President production in South Bend.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• Another '55 Speedster surfaces!!....This one Cadillac powered, and possibly a 'FRICK' edition, This Speedster (serial# 7155344) was originally painted Pimlico Grey/Shasta White, and is new to this and the earlier 1955 President Speedster rosters! Very interesting car with added McCulloch blower and a Cad-La Salle 3 spd standard transmission!

Comment

• I made sure I took pics of the serial number figuring it would be added to the roster if it wasn't already in.
                            Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

• Originally posted by bob40 View Post
                              I made sure I took pics of the serial number figuring it would be added to the roster if it wasn't already in.
                              Thanks Bob, whoever put this Speedster together (and it was probably Bill Frick) really took the 'SPEEDSTER' name seriously!!.....In good tune and with that blower pumping, I would think that this Speedster would leave ANY stock Golden Hawk in the dust!!

Too bad Frick didn't build/convert many more Studes than he did!...(Of course, current owners of original Studillacs probably wouldn't agree with that! )

Comment

• Our Stude Forum friend 'Candbstudebakers' has acquired '55 President Speedster serial# 7807522, 6HK7 1320. Originally a Shasta White/Velvet Black car, it was ordered from the factory WITHOUT A HEATER! An aftermarket firewall heater was at one time installed in this car.

Comment

Working...
                                X