X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by SPDSTER View Post
    Thanks for sharing the photo's from the meet Craig. It's great to see it at that meet and all of the other beautiful Stude's, wish I could have been there.
    Really looking forward to what the future holds....... Learning a lot, I've been bit!!

It was great to meet you and your family in Tacoma. The car looks just as good as it did in 1986! A true time-warp car!!

Craig

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    As of today, 7/4/18, the 1955 Speedster Roster has 334 accounted for (This includes 14 parted out.).

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Photoguy View Post
    This is one is on eBay - albeit a bit rough. I think that serial number is 7167381. Bit difficult to make out

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-STUDEB...JaxnUM&vxp=mtr
    The S/N seemed clear to me and I agree with what you posted (7167381). It is South Bend built, not surprising.
    I am used to Studebakers in that condition.
    What got me was;
    "STANDARD ON 1955 PRESIDENT SPEEDSTER:– Automatic overdrive transmission"

Leave a comment:

• tsenecal
    replied
    Yes, a BIT rough. That one would take the healing hands of Jesus to make it well again.

Leave a comment:

• Photoguy
    replied
    This is one is on eBay - albeit a bit rough. I think that serial number is 7167381. Bit difficult to make out

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-STUDEB...JaxnUM&vxp=mtr

Leave a comment:

• Hallabutt
    replied
    Todd and I have communicated about his car in the past, so maybe his inquiry was aimed at me, and I missed it. I have owned several tir-toned, Vernon cars, and all of them had the President script. Although I'm pretty familiar with the car, I can't answer your question, but I know that the color combination made no difference.-Bill

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by SPDSTER View Post
    Bill,
    I do have a photo of my grandmother in front of the car that was taken in the late 50's or early 60's long before anything was done to it and the "President" script is not on the car. Could this be a specific three tone color combination thing? So far the only photo's of Speedsters I've seen this script on are two toned.

Todd
    Perhaps it is because your Speedster was built at the very end of Vernon (LA) 1955 President production.

Leave a comment:

• SPDSTER
    replied
    Bill,
    I do have a photo of my grandmother in front of the car that was taken in the late 50's or early 60's long before anything was done to it and the "President" script is not on the car. Could this be a specific three tone color combination thing? So far the only photo's of Speedsters I've seen this script on are two toned.

Todd

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by dhyde View Post
    I recently purchased a 55 speedster. I am in North Yarmouth, ME. My speedster serial no. 7169664 Body no. 1935. Color is Coral/gray/white. Dave Hyde
    1955 President Speedster (#7169664, 6HK7 1935) has been duly logged in the '55 President Speedster roster.

Leave a comment:

• dhyde
    replied
    I recently purchased a 55 speedster. I am in North Yarmouth, ME. My speedster serial no. 7169664 Body no. 1935. Color is Coral/gray/white. Dave Hyde

Leave a comment:

• Peter in Lobndon
    replied
    Yes, and was delivered to somebody in Burbank. I have no idea what happened between that and coming to me from Springfield MO.

Leave a comment:

• Peter in Lobndon
    replied
    As far as I know It's the only one in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Peter -
    Welcome to the SDC Forum!
    I assume that you know that your 1955 Speedster was assembled in Vernon (LA), California.

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    I'll bet you're the only one on your block to have one!!

Leave a comment:

• Peter in Lobndon
    replied
    Newly registered Speedster.

I have now registered my '55 Speedster - 6H K7 161 Serial No: 7805735
    Lemon/lime
    Imported from Springfield MO about 21 years ago.
    Original except for supplementary electric petrol pump.
    In very good condition and drives very well.
    Called Tippecanoe.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X