No announcement yet.

Counting '55 President Speedsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll bet you're the only one on your block to have one!!
    Skip Lackie

Comment

• Peter -
      Welcome to the SDC Forum!
      I assume that you know that your 1955 Speedster was assembled in Vernon (LA), California.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• As far as I know It's the only one in the UK.

Comment

• Yes, and was delivered to somebody in Burbank. I have no idea what happened between that and coming to me from Springfield MO.

Comment

• I recently purchased a 55 speedster. I am in North Yarmouth, ME. My speedster serial no. 7169664 Body no. 1935. Color is Coral/gray/white. Dave Hyde

Comment

• Originally posted by dhyde View Post
              I recently purchased a 55 speedster. I am in North Yarmouth, ME. My speedster serial no. 7169664 Body no. 1935. Color is Coral/gray/white. Dave Hyde
              1955 President Speedster (#7169664, 6HK7 1935) has been duly logged in the '55 President Speedster roster.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• Bill,
                I do have a photo of my grandmother in front of the car that was taken in the late 50's or early 60's long before anything was done to it and the "President" script is not on the car. Could this be a specific three tone color combination thing? So far the only photo's of Speedsters I've seen this script on are two toned.

Todd

Comment

• Originally posted by SPDSTER View Post
                  Bill,
                  I do have a photo of my grandmother in front of the car that was taken in the late 50's or early 60's long before anything was done to it and the "President" script is not on the car. Could this be a specific three tone color combination thing? So far the only photo's of Speedsters I've seen this script on are two toned.

Todd
                  Perhaps it is because your Speedster was built at the very end of Vernon (LA) 1955 President production.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• Todd and I have communicated about his car in the past, so maybe his inquiry was aimed at me, and I missed it. I have owned several tir-toned, Vernon cars, and all of them had the President script. Although I'm pretty familiar with the car, I can't answer your question, but I know that the color combination made no difference.-Bill

Comment

• This is one is on eBay - albeit a bit rough. I think that serial number is 7167381. Bit difficult to make out

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-STUDEB...JaxnUM&vxp=mtr

Comment

• Yes, a BIT rough. That one would take the healing hands of Jesus to make it well again.
                        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Photoguy View Post
                          This is one is on eBay - albeit a bit rough. I think that serial number is 7167381. Bit difficult to make out

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-STUDEB...JaxnUM&vxp=mtr
                          The S/N seemed clear to me and I agree with what you posted (7167381). It is South Bend built, not surprising.
                          I am used to Studebakers in that condition.
                          What got me was;
                          "STANDARD ON 1955 PRESIDENT SPEEDSTER:– Automatic overdrive transmission"
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• As of today, 7/4/18, the 1955 Speedster Roster has 334 accounted for (This includes 14 parted out.).
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• Originally posted by SPDSTER View Post
                              Thanks for sharing the photo's from the meet Craig. It's great to see it at that meet and all of the other beautiful Stude's, wish I could have been there.
                              Really looking forward to what the future holds....... Learning a lot, I've been bit!!

It was great to meet you and your family in Tacoma. The car looks just as good as it did in 1986! A true time-warp car!!

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X