Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
    Gary-
    I think you are correct-although it's been quite some time since I saw that flick. If I remember, they crashed a bullet nose towards the end. There was also a cool 50s era service station that several scenes were shot at.
    The picture is from that movie. The actress in the picture is Kelly Preston, John Travolta's wife.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
      Posts near this picture on the H.A.M.B. include pictures with signs saying "Niagara." One says "Niagara International." It seems to be a drag strip next to the airport.

Here is a picture with that I think is from the same series of photos that include that Studebaker in post 1235:
      They're all standing in line for the Porta-Potty.

Is that a Studebaker camper truck back there on the right?
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

• ......... No this ain`t a repeat ..........

Comment

• Comment

• For Folks Who Love Boating Along w/Studebakrs

Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                They're all standing in line for the Porta-Potty.

Is that a Studebaker camper truck back there on the right?
                After saving and enlarging the picture, I dom't think that's a Stude. The cab looks too long front to back. Hard to tell in the original size.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

• Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                  After saving and enlarging the picture, I dom't think that's a Stude. The cab looks too long front to back. Hard to tell in the original size.
                  Agreed, Howard; 'probably not a Studebaker.

It's a tough one, though; could it be a 3/4-ton International-Harvester pickup? Some of the signage/emblems on the front fender might suggest that (just their placement, I mean; I know you can't read them no matter how much you blow it up.) BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Post #1345: Amidst the peaceniks, did anyone else notice that's probably a 1964 Impala 409 in the background...with dog-dish hubcaps? ('Prolly trying to pick up the girl and show her a good time so she can forget her perceived problems.) BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• "that's probably a 1964 Impala 409 in the background...with dog-dish hubcaps?"

I made what I think is a 66/67 Mopar product across the street, but what are the clues on the Chevy?
                      Not doubting, just curious?

Comment

• Originally posted by skyway View Post
                        "that's probably a 1964 Impala 409 in the background...with dog-dish hubcaps?"

I made what I think is a 66/67 Mopar product across the street, but what are the clues on the Chevy?
                        Not doubting, just curious?
                        Right, Gary; it looks like maybe a late-60s Dodge Polara to the left of the GT Hawk; perhaps a taxi or fleet vehicle of some kind.

Now, look closely at the Chevy in the street behind the peacenik girl, right behind the RF wheel.

1964 Chevys had one of three V8 engine insignias in that location (if they were V8s):

1. A V emblem with no crossed flags denoted a 283 V8.

2. A V emblem with crossed flags denoted a 327 V8.

3. A V emblem with crossed flags and a block of numbers below the flags was a 409.

It's too fuzzy to read the numbers below the crossed flags, but I believe there is a block of numbers below the flags. If so, they would read 409. Now, since it is a 1964 model, it could be the low-performance 340 HP version of the 409, which was fairly popular that year...you got a "409" but a tamer one than previous versions. BP

Comment

• Canby, OR 1961

Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Falls Street, Niagra Falls 1959

Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                              There ya go, BP...a 1957 Pontiac Safari TRANSCONTINENTAL for ya! ^

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                                There ya go, BP...a 1957 Pontiac Safari TRANSCONTINENTAL for ya! Craig
                                Yep! I noticed that, Craig. Pretty rare, eh? BP

Comment

Working...
                                X