No announcement yet.

Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a -57 Chrysler, cool cars thou & if you're in doubt: google...

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
      I thought the car pushing the nearest dragster was a '58 Studebaker. Maybe it is not.
      As mentioned above, Joe; it is a Chrysler. Probably a 1958 Windsor or Saratoga, but difficult to tell from what we can see of it. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        As mentioned above, Joe; it is a Chrysler. Probably a 1958 Windsor or Saratoga, but difficult to tell from what we can see of it. BP
        Boy I really messed up this time. Though the grill looks similar to the '58 Studebaker those headlights definitely are those of a Chrysler. Sorry folks.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Downtown Greenville, North Carolina September 1955

Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
            Boy I really messed up this time. Though the grill looks similar to the '58 Studebaker those headlights definitely are those of a Chrysler. Sorry folks.
            No need to apologize. An easy "first glance" mistake. The main difference is that Chrysler planned their dual headlights. Studebaker's look like they were a added as a last minute bolt on bad idea.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

• Corner of Bonner Lane and Atlantic Avenue, Greenville, NC August 1957

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Last one for today. This is Brody's Department Store again in downtown Greenville. September 1960.These pictures come The Daily Reflector of Greenville via the East Carolina University Digital Collection.

Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Wow, Joe; that looks like a rare 1956 Sky Hawk in front of Brody's; 'neat picture.

Hey, no need to apologize for the Chrysler ID error in 3852: I, among 'most everyone else, greatly appreciate your efforts digging up and posting these old photos. They are really cool, so don't back down. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    Wow, Joe; that looks like a rare 1956 Sky Hawk in front of Brody's; 'neat picture.

Hey, no need to apologize for the Chrysler ID error in 3852: I, among 'most everyone else, greatly appreciate your efforts digging up and posting these old photos. They are really cool, so don't back down. BP
                    Thanks, Bob. I enjoy hunting down old photos, particularly Studebaker ones, so I will be posting as usual (hopefully without mistakes)
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser

Comment

• That Plymouth in post #3861 is NOT your typical taxicab! The top-line model with the chrome side trim and whitewalls are definitely uncommon on taxis of that era.

Craig

Comment

• As I wrote earlier: if you aint sure about the model: google!
                        -58???

Comment

• Originally posted by Nox View Post
                          As I wrote earlier: if you aint sure about the model: google!
                          -58???
                          Hey! I was sure and I admitted a mistake when it was pointed out.....
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Some more from Greenville, NC. This is Jenkins Motor Company in January of 1958. You may have to squint to find this one.

Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser

Comment

• I hope Packards count here... This is T and W Packard Used Car lot in Greenville, NC No exact date given.

Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser

Comment

• College View Cleaners and Laundry on Grande Avenue in Greenvlle. Greenville is the home of what is now East Carolina Universty (the College). May 1954

Joe Roberts
                                '61 R1 Champ
                                '65 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X