• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found the following address between the old paperwork of my 1950 car :

Service STUDEBAKER Sales
    MISSION MOTORS
    38 W. Main Ventura
    Phone Miller 3-6858

Does anybody have a picture of the building, (Then, now or in between?)
    The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

• Russell G. Smith, 212 N. 2nd Street, DeKalb, IL.
      This may call for a trip back to NIU. Oh, how many times did I bike past that spot down E. Locust back to Neptune dorm on the way back from Rotary Park ?
      1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

• Mission Motors, Ventura, CA

Originally posted by KJongenburger View Post
        I found the following address between the old paperwork of my 1950 car :

Service STUDEBAKER Sales
        MISSION MOTORS
        38 W. Main Ventura
        Phone Miller 3-6858
        Does anybody have a picture of the building, (Then, now or in between?)
        Sorry, I don't have a Pic. However, interestingly enough, I do have all of the remains of their Parts Dept. and all of their set of Parts Catalogs though, a few have their name and address on the inside of the cover.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

• Originally posted by PlainBrownR2 View Post
          This may call for a trip back to NIU. Oh, how many times did I bike past that spot down E. Locust back to Neptune dorm on the way back from Rotary Park ?
          Russel G. Smith's, where I saw and sat in my first Avanti. Couldn't afford it then, can't afford it now.
          Rick
          Kingman, AZ

Comment

• Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Sorry, I don't have a Pic. However, interestingly enough, I do have all of the remains of their Parts Dept. and all of their set of Parts Catalogs though, a few have their name and address on the inside of the cover.
            Richard,

Would you happen to know where their 1949 and 1950 administration went? I would be interested in a copy of the invoice of my Commander.

Kees
            The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

• Museum Owner Files

Originally posted by KJongenburger View Post
              Richard, Would you happen to know where their 1949 and 1950 administration went? I would be interested in a copy of the invoice of my Commander.Kees
              Sorry Kees I do not have any New Car Invoice Files from Mission Motors. I do understand that this information is sometimes available at the Studebaker National Museum in their owner files. You can ask on their Website.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

• A couple more.
                Jones Motor Sales
                911 Sixth Ave.
                Mendota,IL

Madison Garage
                156W Main St.
                Madison,OH
                Last edited by Dave Bates; 01-30-2011, 12:32 PM. Reason: Poor typing

Comment

• Cockrell-Owens Studebaker, Towson MD

Comment

• Looking for anyone who may have worked at the Studebaker factory store in Peoria, Ill. I believe my 1963 Super Wagonaire may have been sold out of that Stude Store.

Comment

• From the Indiana room of the Bloomington Indiana Library

Smallwood Auto Co. 410 N. Morton 1927 Bloomington IN
                      Stephens Auto Co. 408 N. Morton 1922 "
                      Harry Stephans Co. 311 S. Walnut 1955. "

In Indianapolis In
                      Charlie Stuart INc. 1136 N Meridian 1954
                      Snider Auto Service 3757 N. Illinois St. 1955

Cumberland Garage Rt 40 Cumberland, and also at 8102 Pendleton Pike, Lawrence, In 1955

submitted by Husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

• McQuaid Motor Sales Marquette, MI Info from Richard McQuaid's obituary in Niles Daily Star
                        "Upon his return from military service, Richard married Jayne V. Griffee of Niles on Sept. 20, 1947. Then he began a lifetime career in the automobile business, joining his father, William, at McQuaid Motor Sales of Marquette (a Studebaker dealership) in 1947." This dealership may have already been identified.
                        "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

• The Vancouver branch of the Studebaker Corporation of Canada, besides being the central parts warehouse for British Columbia, also operated a dealership from the facility in the late teens and early twenties in the 1200 block of W. Georgia street. Oddly, another Studebaker dealer, Willis Kingsley Motors was less than a block away at 1190 W. Georgia.

Terry

Comment

• Montana

Originally posted by Randy_G View Post
                            I have been convinced to keep the Studebaker-Packard Dealer listing I have on my site. If you wish to add to it simply post what you know as a Studebaker-Packard dealer or any other orphaned make of automobile on this thread or you can e-mail me. I appreciate any help you can give! And as always thank you for visitng my site and for checking out my sponser.

Randy_G
                            https://www.automotivehistoryonline....lerpackard.htm

Silver State Auto, Great Falls, Montana
                            sigpic
                            Jack, in Montana

Comment

• There were four dealerships in Seattle in 1964: L.E. Belcourt Co, Sonny Collins/Collins & Winquist, The Studebaker Center, and University Motors (originally a division of University Chevrolet). Also, does anybody have any additional information or photographs of Studebaker dealerships in Washington and/or Oregon? Anything will be greatly appreciated.
                              \"Life is short, write in pen\"

Comment

• Don't know if this one has been listed: Hoeffer motors, East peoria ,Il. a dealer from the late 40's to mid 50's I think. His M sereies truck prompted me to stop back in the mid 80's. I talked with him for a while. I ended up buying a small amount of nos parts he had laying around and he gave a couple bundles of his service tickets, which I thought where neat.

Comment

Working...
                                X