Studebaker Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Appleton Wisconsin

Auto Sales Co. Myon Black, 124 E. Washington St. , 1934 was their first year for Studebaker and Pierce Arrow, formerly selling Hudson- Essex.

Martin Motors, 221 E. Washington St. 1953

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

Ed's Auto Sales Edward Khosh
      East Main Road
      Westfield,N Y
      Phone: 640R
      I have paperwork from a new 1956 Pelham Stationwagon [56G]
      South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

• Thanks for the legwork.... That makes about 3000 dealers on the list... I've begun to list the finders with the names. It will take a while to go back over all the pages, but we'll get there..

Dan, can you scan in the letter head on the 56G wagon and email me? thx
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

• Studebaker Dealers

Lester Motors Ltd. 1301 Kay St. Sacramento, CA 1940
          Bevins-Everback Auto Co. 13 W. Third , Seymour, IN 1915
          Gaines & Dominick Motor Sales, Ensley & Birmingham Ave, Ensly Al.
          Sam Hiden 2200 2 Ave. S Birmingham Al 1953 Ave B Ensley Al
          Cruise & Crawford MFG Co. 2200 2nd ave S Bessemer Al 1951
          Gaines & Dominick Motors 2019 Ave E Bessemer Al
          Fulbright Motors 1927 4th Ave Besemer Al 1953
          Jim O'Hearn Studebaker 2115 Ave B , Ensley AL
          Don Rasmussen Co. 1509 W. Burnside Portland OR 1956
          Janesville Automotive Corp, 25 N Bluff Janesville Wi 1929
          The Fordit Co. 215-217 W. Adams Jacksonvile FL 1925
          Olmstead Motor Co. Union St. Jacksonville Fl 1925
          Roberts & Donaldson Hudson-Studebaker 110 N 18th Bessemer Al 1940

Husband of Lark VIII girl
          Last edited by Lark8girl; 05-16-2012, 04:41 AM. Reason: add info

Comment

• Found another one in a 1927 Peoria, Illinois City Dir. Ingram Motor Co. Studebaker Sales & Service. 613-615 Main St. Peoria, Il. Part of the building is still there (615 Main). The other end of the building (613 Main) is gone. It's now a parking lot.

Comment

• Thanks, Ingram was the distributor for Jeffery Cars (?) before 1927 and was a Nash dealer in 1923 also.
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

• My Great Grandfather "A.F. Ariss" had a dealership in South Bend WASHINGTON

Comment

• That is really cool. Do you have any pictures of it? Also, when was the dealership open?
                  \"Life is short, write in pen\"

Comment

• This was the Studebaker dealership in Danville IN:

Unfortunately, I have not been able to determine the exact name; there are conflicting opinions and I did not live in Indiana at the time it was an active Studebaker franchise. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• I imagine old telephone books if available would be able to assist, or the local paper. Good to see it's still there.
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

• Originally posted by Ariss View Post
                        My Great Grandfather "A.F. Ariss" had a dealership in South Bend WASHINGTON
                        A few years ago some of us had talked about the possibility of starting an annual "South Bend Swap Meet" in South Bend, WA. I went there and looked around, but didn't find a prospective site.

Comment

• Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                          I imagine old telephone books if available would be able to assist, or the local paper. Good to see it's still there.
                          Right, John; I simply haven't put forth the effort. It was a half-block away from the town square car show Friday evening, June 1, so I swung by to snap the photo on the way home.

Two other life-long local Stude guys with me weren't certain of the dealership's name "back in the time." Neither was sure about what it was, so there was more confusion / questioning than disagreement.

I'll check it out next time I have occassion to be in the county Historical Society archives, although they were closed when that picture was taken about 8:15 PM. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Packard Dealership

Going thru my dads papers I found his Master Serviceman's Certificate Dated 1950 it certifys that Jack Forney was a Master Packard Mechanic at Haupert Motor Co. Packard Sales & Service in Tillamook Oregon. It has signatures of the owner and service managers. This is pretty darn cool for me its going into a frame on the wall.

Comment

• While diggin' thru a 1929 Bell Telephone and Telegraph System phonebook for Idaho and Utah. Listed are:
                              Studebaker Motor Cars
                              Evanston Motor Co. Evanston WYO.
                              Packard Motors Inc. SLC UT
                              There might be more but not listed as Studebaker dealership in some kind of ad because there aren't ads like today. This phone book is about a 1/2 inch thick and listed all of Idaho Utah and some of Wyoming, persons and businesses, it even lists Airports and Landing Fields.
                              This is a neat find.
                              doug

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                                This was the Studebaker dealership in Danville IN:

Unfortunately, I have not been able to determine the exact name; there are conflicting opinions and I did not live in Indiana at the time it was an active Studebaker franchise. BP
                                I have 4 dealers listed in Danville, IL, but none for Indiana. I'll use the pic tho for the 'pending file"

thanks
                                Last edited by 64V-K7; 06-05-2012, 05:13 PM. Reason: CRS
                                64 GT Hawk (K7)
                                1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
                                X