Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Bill, Keep us updated, if possible. Bob

Comment

Long day today.. Weather is slowly changing.
      Prep work is almost all done. Just have to take down all the hanging plants and put them in the end stall of the barn.
      Everything is ready to be parked in the workshop.
      Watching the weather closely...
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I left at 6AM and arrived at my motel at 6PM in Mobile. My cats weren't happy... The trip wasn't too bad except for a 20 mile stretch west of Tallahassee. That includes a quick stop at the auto museum in Tallahassee to see the Tucker.
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

'Scary stuff, guys. Y'all stay safe and the Yankees will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The edge of this storm has arrived at our place in SE GA.
            Pretty amazing when you know the eye of the storm is still south of Key west.
            That is 663 miles from my house...and that is just half the diameter of this storm...
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Bout to get it here in Tallahassee if the winds are anything to go off of.

Comment

Jeff . Button down and stay safe. We want to see you at the next SDC national meet. Steve.

Comment

Rain bands have started, winds not bad at all (yet), drove to the shop (3 1/2 miles) and grabbed another chain saw and gas. Roads are deserted and looks like everyone is hunkered down or gone. The worst should be here overnight and tomorrow morning, so as long as the power holds on I'll try to keep all informed. Thanks for everyone's concerns, Bill.

Comment

I am all buttoned down. Prepared for the worst. Not much action yet but plenty of rain. Hoping nothing happens to my truck. I have many pine trees in my yard ( over 50) and they usually make quite a mess. Depending on wind speed I have lost a few tops each major storm we have had. Have truck tucked and wrapped and hopefully clear of tops. I should be in good shape being on the east coast of FL. but watching closely. We always loose power it is just a question of for how long. Days vs hours.

Comment

Bill, Jeff and all you folks, best of luck. Hopefully, making landfall will rapidly mitigate the winds and keep damage and injuries to a minimum. Bob

Comment

I am in Central fl on the barrier island south of Cape Canaveral. So far, have had one power Flicker only. Most of the potential tornado threat has abated. We are still supposed to get fairly heavy rains and winds in the 70 mph range. I am prepped and by the grace of God, will come through without severe incident. Storm is supposed to be gone by mid morning on Monday, but winds will continue until some time on Tuesday, although with much less intensity. Much luck and prayers to all of those on the west coast of Fl. Gordon

Comment

All of you in the path of Irma are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck to all.
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Still have power, however the rains have increased and the winds are a bit stronger. Nothing hurricane force yet, but the lights have flickered a couple times in the last few minutes, so we might lose power soon. As the storm is moving north it is shifting inland a bit which has helped knock down it's force. As it stands now it will probably be a CAT1 or less by the time it gets here in the morning. Hopefully the damage will be minimal and everything will be up and running in a short period of time. Stay tuned, time will tell how we do. Bill

Comment

My daughter and family live in Lake Worth and have lost power around 5:00PM.
                              Lost some screen panels around pool area. Mostly from debris from palm trees. No flooding, so far.
                              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

My situation here much the same as yours, Bill About the time the cable box re-boots the power kicks off again. Rains have substantially increased in intensity but I think we will still be ok--my area not really prone to flooding all of you stay safe--Prayers are with you. Gordon

Comment

Working...
                                X