Tube for choke pipe on a 57 Golden Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Tube for choke pipe on a 57 Golden Hawk

I am trying to remove the intake manifold heat tube which extends up into the pressure box on a 57 golden Hawk. Been soaking with penetrating fluid and using heat with no success so far. Am I correct that it should come out of the top of the manifold? I need to remove it to have the manifold worked on. Any suggestions?
    I am also in need of the fitting which restricts the oil flow to the filter.

As far as the heat tube, it should pull straight up out of the manifold.

Comment

Tap it out from the underside with a punch, they are "just" pressed in. Be sure the punch is on the plug for the tube.

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by 5brown1 View Post
        /Cut/I am also in need of the fitting which restricts the oil flow to the filter.
        Check to find out if your Flow restrictor is built into the Spin-on Oil Filter Base.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 08-28-2016, 11:14 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This is what the restrictor fitting looks like when installed in the filter base; the brass thing:

BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I am not going to need to remove the heat tube (hopefully) as I took the intake to a good machine shop and they felt a new gasket and some RTV would suffice. I think those who believe the heat tube can be tapped out are not familiar with the tube in a Golden Hawk manifold.
            I did order a restrictor fitting from SI - $1.50. They were going to look for the heat tube also in case I needed to destroy it by removing it. Not everything is in their catalog as I found out when at the SB swap meet and a guy told me he had just purchased a NOS Speedster ABS dash. I called but of course it was the only one they had - darn.
            Thanks for letting me know about the restrictor possibly being in the base and the picture. I was not aware of that.

Comment

Let me know if your search for the tube is unsuccessful. I have an extra used tube, and a couple of complete intake manifolds..
              (The tube can be driven out, but the tube is usually destroyed in the process).

Originally posted by 5brown1 View Post
              I am not going to need to remove the heat tube (hopefully) as I took the intake to a good machine shop and they felt a new gasket and some RTV would suffice. I think those who believe the heat tube can be tapped out are not familiar with the tube in a Golden Hawk manifold.
              I did order a restrictor fitting from SI - $1.50. They were going to look for the heat tube also in case I needed to destroy it by removing it. Not everything is in their catalog as I found out when at the SB swap meet and a guy told me he had just purchased a NOS Speedster ABS dash. I called but of course it was the only one they had - darn.
              Thanks for letting me know about the restrictor possibly being in the base and the picture. I was not aware of that.
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

The restrictor is in the base. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                X