McCord 5F5 Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: McCord 5F5 Radiator

Can anyone here tell me what years and possibly different models this radiator might fit?
    Mc Cord 5F5
    I have one that came with all the parts I got when I bought my 52. It could possibly be for a 55 but I want to know for sure.
    I would like to see it go to someone who needs it but if not in going to give it the the guy who is making the new radiator for my 52.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dean.

We could do more with the Studebaker Part Number that it usually also there on the same Welded on Tag. 15XXXXX Seven Digits.

There is no way to decode a McCord Number.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

No such luck. Only patent numbers and made in U.S.A. on the tag.
      I suspect it would be for a speedster because the guy my car came from also had one.
      Anyone here that can go peek under the good of their speedster? Tag is on top engine side.

Dean.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150503_171941652_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	1696562Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150503_171958463.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	1696563
      Last edited by dean pearson; 05-03-2015, 04:30 PM. Reason: change second photo.

Comment

If it's any help the tag on my '55 President is 5D5. According to the parts manual only 2 V8 radiators were used. One for the early Commanders and the other for all the rest.
        American iron, real old school
        With two tone paint, it sure is cool

Its got 8 cylinders and uses them all
        With an overdrive that just won't stall

With a 4 barrel carb and dual exhausts
        With 4.23 gears it can really get lost

Its got safety belts and I ain't scared
        The brakes are good and the tires are fair.

Tried to sell her, but got no taker
        I"ll just keep driving my Studebaker

Comment

So this one would be for an early 55 commander ?

Could that mean a speedster also?

Doesn't appear to be any interest here, if anyone needs it and can confirm what it goes to speak up.
          Otherwise I'm going to donate it as a sample radiator.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Dean.

Comment

I need to replace the radiator that the neighbor hoodlums stole from my 1952 Land Cruiser. I haven't checked yet to see what all might work.
            The creeps also tore up the dash to steal the radio, and cut cables to steal the battery.

Comment

This Radiator could work on many different years of '53-'60 C & K Models and Hawks with V8's, it looks like it could be rodded out, tested and used or Re-cored.
              Do you have a Radiator Shop nearby that actually does enough Studebaker Radiators to need a "Sample" Radiator?

Not sure what this means: "Otherwise I'm going to donate it as a sample radiator".

None of this "ID" effort could mean anything, if those Letter Codes are merely DATE Codes! So yes it very likely will fit a '55 Speedster just like it does a Commander or President C or K.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I don't think they do a lot of them but he was excited to have a sample 51 v8 that he just got last week.
                It made it easy for him to determine what was needed for my car with the chebby big block.

Dean.

Comment

Working...
                X