• Show
Clear All

• Engine: Dual carb. Intake

Does anyone know where I can get a dual carb intake for a 259

Specify 2x2 intake or 2x4 intake.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

I have an ol' StuV for the earlier engine, with bad carbs and no linkage. Of course, it would work, but you'd not set any speed records. PM me if you are interested; I've not looked at it for years. I think the finish is pretty good, may have been polished or at least sanded at at one time. Forgot, I also have a very nice Caddy (Edelbrock, as I recall) 3-deuce with 3 Stude 2-bbls, center with choke, somewhere, as well; probably with air-cleaners but no linkage. Who knows what other "evil" lurks in the heart of one or the other of my sheds, hehehe!!!

Comment

The twin two barrel manifolds.
        Craigs list in SoCal has had Weiand (San Diego) for a while now. The most obvious would be....e-bay. They are on and off of there all the time. Various prices.

Mike

Comment

Yeah wanted twin 2 barrels already have the carbs but don't have the linkage

So do Weiland make one then

Comment

Go to Charlie Price Vintage Speed web site ,lots of intakes & carb set ups to look at...cheers

Comment

This one is on EBay right now. There is also another Edminds 2x2 for an inflated price of $1995

Also a 3x2

Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

59lark -

Weiand...not Weiland...!

Yes, they did...that was my comment, again, there's on in Craigs List in San Diego...along with the one(s) mentioned in e-bay...

Mike

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

StuV mounted the carbs sideways on their 2 x 2 manifold which made for some very "interesting" throttle linkage. It would be best to find one of these manifolds WITH the linkage as it would be tricky to make from scratch...

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	My T-P Done 007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1688130I bought a repop Smoljan from Dave T. and built this. It has GM 2Gs on it, with progressive mechanical linkage. Strombergs fit better, just my preference. The Smoljan "Aluminum Man" has on Ebay is an original. PM me if you want more info on my build.

JK

Comment

Note the eBay Smoljan is drilled for 3-bolt carbs. Redrilling for 4-bolt Stromberg or Rochester is not a big deal, but $950 for a crusty with no carbs or linkage is a big deal. With Dave Thibault selling shiny new ones drilled as you like for about a third of that, it was an easy choice not to bid.

3x2 Stude, Have you installed and run the intake yet?

jack vines
                        Last edited by PackardV8; 03-08-2014, 02:10 PM.
                        PackardV8

Comment

That looks totally awesome

Good call on the linkage, I will keep hunting

Comment

Jack,

I have not run it yet. I was planning on installing on my 61 Hawk. Hopefully this summer.

JK

Comment

Just a note after looking at my Stu-V. It is NOT like the one in the pic above in that the Aero carbs on it do NOT set sideways. And, the ports are larger than I recall, NOT like the ones I remember seeing for the 232s. Hence, who knows how many different versions there may be still floating around? Dave Livesay from CA had something to do with Stu-V at one time, I believe, perhaps he would know, if anyone is seriously into these things.

Comment

Working...
                              X