Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

....... and decent running 289 from..... (movie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame / Springs: ....... and decent running 289 from..... (movie)

... a 62 GT Hawk will be available in the northern VA area (Fairfax) shortly. I'm just putting out an early notice to see if there are any interested parties. Chances are this chassis will NOT have a rear axle, but the engine has a bellhousing for a 4 speed, although the 4 speed is not in the deal.

Here's a YouTube video of the engine running
    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Let me know if you're in the market..

thx
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

That looks like blue oil smoke so while not stuck it certainly will need a rebuild. Valve covers are red so might be a 259. What is the engine serial number? P or V? What is the oil pressure. How much? You can PM me if you like. Might be interested if price is right.
    Start and Stage Your Studebakers

Comment

It is a 289 from a 62 GT Hawk. The smoke was primarily from the marvel Mystery oil I told them to use. It only ran for the length of time you saw, not before.. I'll get the numbers from the owner..
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

The red valve covers could also indicate a engine from '61, if it wasn't original to the vehicle.
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I'm interested and in Woodbridge, VA, only 15-20 miles from Fairfax. My '54 Commander Starlight coupe (see my album pix) could use both a better engine and frame. I should be embarrassed to say that I've had the car for 7 years, "assumed" the engine was original, and never bothered looking for the engine number until last week, only to find that the block is from '52. So I guess I don't need to worry as much about originality anymore. And my frame as "rust issues." I'm assuming that a frame swap of putting a '62 Hawk frame under a '54 Starlight coupe would be pretty straight forward (please correct me if I'm wrong). I'd like to go see the frame/engine and talk to the seller. Thanks for posting this.

Pete
          Pete R
          Woodbridge, VA
          1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight Coupe with '62 289 and 4-speed
          1964 Studebaker Avanti R5083 R2 4-speed with 4.09:1 Twin Traction

Comment

PM sent...
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Thanks for your help Bob, I finally had my account approved .

You can see more pictures and video here: http://www.ourstudebaker.com/2013/11...or-car-part-2/
              Andres Garcia
              Fairfax, VA - Philadelphia, PA

1953 Studebaker Starliner - Check out this project!

1963 Studebaker GT Hawk - Check out this project!

Comment

Working...
              X