climatizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: climatizer

Anyone explain to me how the 57 climatizer worked? I still have the label and three knobs on my dash but pretty sure nothing behind the metal. What components used to be there and how did they work... cables or electrical?

I would like to adapt the electrical knobs from my newer ac controls to work via the climatizer controls

Thoughts?

In my 55 car, the climatizer is under seat and no electricals attach, there. There is a blower motor tucked under the right front fender and another for the defrost under the dash.The vent shrouds on the right front fender channel air to the heater core (climatizer) or directly into the cabin. If I just open the outside vent door and leave the inner door closed the air is directed to the climatizer. don't know if this helps for trucks. Good luck.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Truck Climatizer - C Cab

There were (are) a number of variations of climatizers used in C-cab trucks between 1949 and 1964. However, I believe, the principles are similar in most cases. The left knob operates the electric fan (blower) and is a switch. The centre knob is connected to a cable which opens/closes a door in the climatizer to allow air to go to the defroster vents or not. The right knob connects to another cable which opens/closes the water valve so that you have some control over the temperature of the air coming through the climatizer unit into the truck cab. Of course with a C-Cab, all of the actual Climatizer pieces (other than the control knobs and dash plate) are found in the engine compartment.
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

What Mark said. There were five or six different heater systems used in the C-cab trucks between 1949 and 1964, but they all were pretty similar, though many of the parts will not interchange among them. As Mark said, the only electrical component was the fan motor and switch. On your truck, the fan was mounted in a housing on the inner fender. On several of the other types, the fan was inside the heater box.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
        X