Ride height 55 C-K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame / Springs: Ride height 55 C-K

Any body know the correct ride height of a 55 C-K rear measured from where it's supposed to be measured to level floor? I'm having new springs made and they can be tweaked a bit either + or - but I need to know what the original height is. They have the specs for a stock spring but nothing on ride height. I don't know if it would be where I want it. thanks jimmijim
    Attached Files
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

I don't know about 55s, but maybe 56J is similar. It has an "overall height" of 56 & 5/16", per the specs listed on Frank A's "56J Only" web site. Somewhere there, he also listed front and rear bumper heights, but I could not find it this eve.
    Tire size on 56J is 7.10 X 15.
    I am pretty sure rear springs are same for 55 and 56 C/K cars. I am almost positive I swapped a set from a 1954 Stude 4 door over to a 56J about 20 years ago.

Comment

hmmh?

If I knew the bumper height to be x-y, if the bumpers to be zackly where they are supposed to be it would mayhaps be ok but the bumpers on a ck can be tweaked up or down and still be somewhat within looking correct. Perhaps the best way would be to measure from the highest point of the roof to level floor. If it ain't right, possibly raise the car in the rear in the center of the bumper to relieve the springs till I come up with the factory height spec. What say? Then go from there to where I prefer the height to be. Also factor in the original size tires vs. what is on it now P 215 X 75 X 15. By the way, What size are the original tires. cheers and thanks jimmijim
      Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
      I don't know about 55s, but maybe 56J is similar. It has an "overall height" of 56 & 5/16", per the specs listed on Frank A's "56J Only" web site. Somewhere there, he also listed front and rear bumper heights, but I could not find it this eve.
      Tire size on 56J is 7.10 X 15.
      I am pretty sure rear springs are same for 55 and 56 C/K cars. I am almost positive I swapped a set from a 1954 Stude 4 door over to a 56J about 20 years ago.
      Last edited by jimmijim8; 02-09-2013, 04:27 AM.
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I just had the springs re-arched and new bushings installed on my 55 Champion. I thought my car looked a little droopy. The rear wheel wells are now just about to the top of the tires and looks just right with only a very slight rake. The little picture I have here is a before picture so don't go by that. I think you just need to bring it up a little bit. These cars were meant to ride low or level. Nice car, by the way.

Comment

Working...
        X