No announcement yet.

60 Hawk rear fender HELP !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 60 Hawk rear fender HELP !

I took a lot of pictures during disassembly, but somehow I missed the location of these two items. I know they go on the back of the rear fender below ( I think) the tailight housing. I looked through the parts & service manuals, but they dont show this area in detail. Can anyone help me out?

Click image for larger version

Name:	stude parts.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1737974
    Steve
    Buckeye, Arizona

1960 Hawk R2 4 speed project

The small piece is the bracket to hold the tail light housing on and the larger one goes at the back bottom of the rear fender and keeps slop from reaching the rear bumper supposedly. You should have two identical ones for the smaller one and have a left and right pair for the larger
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Unless your car is flat black, those larger pieces should be body color. here is a page from shop manual showing placement of bumper end trim. The piece is #1604-13
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Brad the parts he is wondering about are off the rear of the fin hawk, lower pieces fit all hawks.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Brad, yes, these were both body color, I sanded them and shot them with a quick coat of flat black for now. I'm pretty sure I've figured out which hole the larger pieces bolt through, but the smaller L shaped brackets still have me baffled. Do they mount on the inside of the taillight housing, near the top? What function do they serve, I cannot see how they might interact with the tailight housings.
          Steve
          Buckeye, Arizona

1960 Hawk R2 4 speed project

Comment

The small piece bolts to the top of the rear fender and the taillight goes over it
            Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
            1961 Hawk 4-speed
            1967 Avanti
            1961 Lark 2 door
            1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Working...
            X