Clutch mount for GM T5 manual Trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch / Torque Converter: Clutch mount for GM T5 manual Trans

I'm getting ready to replace the 3 Speed/OD (top loader installed by previous owner) in my 56 PowerHawk, with a T5 from an 88 IROC. I'm doing my best to understand the challenges. My clutch linkage bracket is bolted to the 3speed. So how might I fix it with the T5? Does anyone make a bracket? I have a welder. Thanks,
    Rafe Hollister

Are you using the stock bell housing? Is this a T85 OD? You have a picture of the clutch linkage?

I have a way to install a T5 with the stock bell housing, clutch linkage, release bearing, and pressure plate. The parts needing changing are the pilot bearing, clutch disc, and T5 input shaft. I can supply the parts. Message me.

Comment

• Rafe Hollister
      Rafe Hollister commented
      Editing a comment
      I will try to message you, but I can't always figure it out. You may call or text me at 707-502-4080.
      Thanks, Rafa

T5 trans.
    Stock clutch shaft.
    Basic home made bracket.

Comment

• Rafe Hollister
      Rafe Hollister commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Clean and simple and I have the skills to do that.
      Rafe

VERY NICE Scott !
    That's exactly what I had in mind if I were to keep the manual clutch linkage, but couldn't figure out how to describe it to Thom . I was planning to go to a hydraulic slave to reduce clutch effort in my GT , due to my bad knees, but the trans ate itself before I got to it so I installed a 4L60 AOD instead. My V-dubs are my sports cars, I freak people out with them all the time. Everyone thinks a "Bug" is a puny under-powered "POS"; NOT SO, you just need the right, very minor, mods and to know how to drive them. The bad rep came from the drivers of them in years past, not the car. So, I don't need a "heavy" sports car, hence the AOD.

Comment

Working...
    X