Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found a cheap wheel that will fit a 50 4-lug! (well sort of)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topper2011
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
    Topper, the first Cragar mags I ever had were some I got from a gas station that had a big chip out of the center where they had broke them on their tire changing machine. They were really cheap & I figured I could over look the chunk missing from the center until I could afford better wheels.
    Mike, that's exactly what happened.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sal
    replied
    Topper, the first Cragar mags I ever had were some I got from a gas station that had a big chip out of the center where they had broke them on their tire changing machine. They were really cheap & I figured I could over look the chunk missing from the center until I could afford better wheels.

Leave a comment:

• Matt N
    replied
    Originally posted by Topper2011 View Post
    Don't front wheel drive vehicles have a different offset? A quick check list Jensen Healy and Sprite, but maybe not 14"

https://www.roadkillcustoms.com/whee...4x4.00-inches/
    Yes, but they very, the Honda wheels is not too much, so it works fine.

Leave a comment:

• Topper2011
    replied
    Originally posted by NCDave51 View Post

Yes, FWD cars have a positive offset (centerline of rim is inboard of the mounting plane at the hub).

Best example are those goofy Toronado rims....

Every time I see either the Toronado rims or VW Bug rims, I think of my days in a gas station using a Coats 10-10 machine with the special adaptors for them. Flip it one way, it's for VW, the other way, Toronado. The Coats 10-10 was not kind to Cragar mags though. DAMHIK.

Leave a comment:

• NCDave51
    replied
    Originally posted by Topper2011 View Post
    Don't front wheel drive vehicles have a different offset? A quick check list Jensen Healy and Sprite, but maybe not 14"

https://www.roadkillcustoms.com/whee...4x4.00-inches/
    Yes, FWD cars have a positive offset (centerline of rim is inboard of the mounting plane at the hub).

Best example are those goofy Toronado rims....

Leave a comment:

• Topper2011
    replied

Bolt Pattern Chart - A list of cars, trucks and other vehicles that swap or interchange wheels with 4 X 4 bolt pattern. PCD size, centerbore, offset and wheel dimensions.
    Last edited by Topper2011; 12-02-2020, 06:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RadioRoy
    replied
    That's interesting. Maybe I was thinking about Nash Rambler replacement wheels, that are the same as some early Jeeps.
    Last edited by RadioRoy; 12-02-2020, 06:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bensherb
    replied
    Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
    There were also 4 lug wheels on some of the smaller engine Ford Fairmont cars from the late 70's. Probably not a lot of them in the bone yards, though.
    Those wheels are 108m (4 1/4") bolt circle Roy. Same as the Pinto and Mustang II. The earlier Mustang, Falcon and Maverick had a 4 1/2" bolt circle, same as Datsun. I believe you 're looking for a 4x4" pattern? It was common to CROSLEY, AUSTIN HEALEY, JENSEN-HEALY and MG. Kawasaki and Polaris also use it on their off road vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• RadioRoy
    replied
    There were also 4 lug wheels on some of the smaller engine Ford Fairmont cars from the late 70's. Probably not a lot of them in the bone yards, though.

Leave a comment:

• I found a cheap wheel that will fit a 50 4-lug! (well sort of)

I've been doing a lot of searching to find a wheel to fit my 50 Champion, and there seems to be much confusion about what will work. It has 4 in spacing, which kind of hard to find unless you're looking at trailer wheels I happened to have 90 14 in Honda Civic wheel that I had lying around, and it works! Mind ypu it's not perfect, the Civic wheel has a 100 mm spacing which converts to 3.937 inches but it should work for a spare or to roll the car and no way for regular driving!!!! These wheels can be found on Civics (later models came with 4.5 in), VWs , and Miatas. Just a though use them at your own risk!!!!
    ​​​
Working...
X