X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dave hethrington
    replied
    Originally posted by altair View Post
    Just a curios comment the rear trunk "bumpers" fit up under the rear bumper, they appear to act like spacers to allow water and dirt to escape through the 1/8 - 3/16 space created by the rubber button, I don't think they are a "bumper" just a spacer.

That could be

Leave a comment:

• altair
    replied
    Just a curios comment the rear trunk "bumpers" fit up under the rear bumper, they appear to act like spacers to allow water and dirt to escape through the 1/8 - 3/16 space created by the rubber button, I don't think they are a "bumper" just a spacer.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by dave hethrington View Post

That is the problem. I can't seem to find ones that fit. The bumper is1/8 high but the pull through part needs to fit the 3/8 hole. Can't seem to find that size. Most are for 1/4 hole and most are thicker. I have quite a few different ones but none that fit
    If they are thicker, that is not a problem. I always used a razor blade to "adjust" the hood bumpers to get the proper fit.

Leave a comment:

• dave hethrington
    replied
    Originally posted by dave hethrington View Post

Thanks for the part number. I ordered some and we will see what happens. A lot of places say they are not available.
    Just received some. They are smaller than the ones I found (would work) Also I found some in one of my boxes of stuff. Should be good

Leave a comment:

• dave hethrington
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Did you order (5) of 274974 Bumpers from a Studebaker Vendor?

https://studebakervendors.com
    I just did. Just hope they actually have them.

Leave a comment:

• dave hethrington
    replied
    Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
    I think these are the same bumpers used between the inner front fenders and hood, as well as the one bumper in front of the wing vent on the doors.
    274974 Hood Bumper Round: Hood bumper for 1953-64 C-K; 1941-58 Sedans; 1949-64 C-Cab trucks; Rear gravel deflector bumper: 1948-50 Champions & 1949-50 Commanders; 1953-54 C-K cars
    Thanks for the part number. I ordered some and we will see what happens. A lot of places say they are not available.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Did you order (5) of 274974 Bumpers from a Studebaker Vendor?

https://studebakervendors.com

Leave a comment:

• dave hethrington
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
    I assume you are refering to the gravel shield that has several bumpers between it and the bumper. I do not recall them being that large; perhaps someone for some strange reason drilled he holes to fit whatever bumper he had. Just get the bumpers that fit the holes--alls you can do. Restoration Supply ought to have some
    That is the problem. I can't seem to find ones that fit. The bumper is1/8 high but the pull through part needs to fit the 3/8 hole. Can't seem to find that size. Most are for 1/4 hole and most are thicker. I have quite a few different ones but none that fit

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    I think these are the same bumpers used between the inner front fenders and hood, as well as the one bumper in front of the wing vent on the doors.
    274974 Hood Bumper Round: Hood bumper for 1953-64 C-K; 1941-58 Sedans; 1949-64 C-Cab trucks; Rear gravel deflector bumper: 1948-50 Champions & 1949-50 Commanders; 1953-54 C-K cars
    Last edited by rockne10; 09-12-2020, 01:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffry Cassel
    replied
    I assume you are refering to the gravel shield that has several bumpers between it and the bumper. I do not recall them being that large; perhaps someone for some strange reason drilled he holes to fit whatever bumper he had. Just get the bumpers that fit the holes--alls you can do. Restoration Supply ought to have some

Leave a comment:

• 53 Commander rubber trunk bumpers

Does anyone know where to get the rubber pullthrough bumpers that go in the little pan just below the trunk lid. There are tons of them on the market but can't find the right size. They snap in a 3/8 hole. Most are 1/4.
    Thanks
Working...
X