Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Hawk rear fender fin differences

Hi all,
    Can someone tell me the differences between the '57 / '58, '59, '60 and the '61 fins? I have found 5 part # pairs covering them. Could it be just trim mounting holes?
    Thanks

I am assuming you are only talking about "SILVER Hawk" Fins, and of course '60/'61 "Hawk" Fins?

Ruling out the completely different Golden Hawk Fins eliminates 1 Part Number.
    Then the Major difference would be the "Pointed front end" Fins on '57/'58 vs the '59-'61 "Angular front end" Fins.

Any other changes would simply be the '61 Dual lower Moulding Holes and '59 vs '60 and '61 Ornament Holes.
    Louvers, Bird Emblem and "Hawk" Nameplate were all different placement and usage all all 3 Years.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Gold '57 Silver Hawk3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.7 KB ID:	1852220 Notice the "Upper" Fin top Moulding on '57-'58.
    ................................................................................ ................and pointed front with no Ornaments.

Click image for larger version  Name:	59 S Hawk2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	1852221
    '59 No upper Moulding, with "Silver", Bird, "Hawk".
    Click image for larger version  Name:	60HawkWht.KerryJackson.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	1852222Click image for larger version  Name:	61 Flamingo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.9 KB ID:	1852223
    '60 with 3 Louvers, "Hawk", Bird. ////////////////// '61 with Bird at Rear, "Hawk" at Front and ................................................................................ .................Dual Lower Mouldings.

Of course all 3 Lastest Coupes have the Angled Forward, more blunt front of Fin and no upper Moulding.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-22-2020, 09:57 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks so much. Differences are obvious when pointed out with pictures. Thanks for taking the time.
      Dennis

Comment

Working...
      X