Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Front coil springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Axle/Suspension: Front coil springs

I am trying to find the right MOOG front coil spring part number for a V8 1963 Daytona.
    1958 Transtar 3E6-122
    1958 Transtar 3E13-31
    1959 Transtar 4E7-122
    1959 Lark 2 door Wagon
    1960 Transtar 5E28-171
    1960 Lark Gasser
    1963 Daytona

Just search "Moog CC" (CC= Cargo Carrier) at this site and there is a LOT of discussion on part number, fitment, installation and results. These are what people consider to be "upgraded" springs and have a variable rate. If you want stock springs others will have to direct you.
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I believe MOOG CC653 is the latest recommendation, since the CC655s have supposedly dried up and no longer available. If you search the archives here, there's more a lot info on the MOOGs. Moog CC655 coil springs
      Last edited by JoeHall; 05-21-2020, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Here's a link that may be helpful: Moog CC655 coil springs

Comment

I haven't checked recently, but I think the Moog CC655 springs are still available through O'Reilly's Auto Parts. They carry them under the brand name Precision Coil Springs, part # SP08055. I purchased a set in late 2017 . I'd check with O'Reilly's before trying to substitute something else. ~ Dale

Comment

I purchased a set of Precision Coil Springs, part # SP08055 from O'Reilly's Auto Parts a couple months ago. I had them the next day.

Comment

Working...
            X