Good Retro AC Evaporator/Heater For Stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Good Retro AC Evaporator/Heater For Stude

I recently installed one of these in the wife's 63GT. It includes a heater coil, which works great. The AC temp, at around 80 in the garage, is 42F on hi fan speed, 36F on medium, and 32F on low. The old one, also a retro, was about 10 degrees warmer, at all fan speeds. It also had cracked, so it was time to replace it. This one tucked in nicely under the GT's dash, and looks nice. I also like that the angles for the outer vents allows better distribution of the output air. Gotta have the creature comforts!

It is identical to this one, except this one is AC only, without a heater element. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to post a link to the one I bought, without also linking to my ebay account, which I refuse to provide here, or anywhere else. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Under-Dash-....c100005.m1851
    Last edited by JoeHall; 05-18-2018, 06:07 AM.

Glad it works for you, but disappointed not see what it looks like.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
      Glad it works for you, but disappointed not see what it looks like.
      Cannot figure out how to transfer pix from my android phone to my email, on my laptop. Have done it before, but cannot figure it out today. Will have to wait till one of my sons come home later. LOL

Comment

Joe you must have the $400 one. What did you use for the rest of the set up? I need to come up with something for the 62 hawk. I smoothed off that side of the firewall and didn't plan to use the under seat heater. Something like this would work great and the 350 chev is set up with AC.

Comment

The way you post eBay Links without linking your account, is simply LOG OFF, then come into eBay as unknown.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 05-18-2018, 09:54 AM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Here are pix of the unit, installed. Upside down of course: Click image for larger version

Name:	AC 1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1720755Click image for larger version

Name:	AC 2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1720756

Comment

Here it is right side up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC for Joe.jpg