A/C installation, '57 3E5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: A/C installation, '57 3E5

Can anybody help me with a source, a drawing, or a picture of a compressor mounting bracket to fit a 185 ci flathead 6 engine? I have the kit from VintageAir, but they do not offer a compressor bracket for this engine. The rest of the kit is pretty straight-forward, but I am stumped on this bracket. This is a '57 Transtar pickup and I would like to be able to use it in comfort year round. Thanks, Lester Halbert

I know yours is a flat head, but there used to be a factory kit for dealers to install AC on OHV 6's.
    It did not include compressor and evap, but DID contain several other goodies like the hub pulley, radiator shroud, and multi blade (clutch?) fan.
    Can't remember if there was an compressor bracket or not, but looking for one of those kits might be a good place to begin.

Comment

1959-1964 Body Parts Catalog page 21 has an illustration of the compressor bracket for a flat head 6.

Comment

I have been searching for some pictures I took of a really nice A/C set-up on a Champion engine. So far I can't find it.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
        X