Stude OD trans fit Ford?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
    why not just change the rear gear ratio?
    A 200" six is not a high torque engine. It needs a bit of gear to help get off the line and up the hills. A five speed would be ideal.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

You could use the head off the 250 as it will get you an unboltable intake and exhaust, much easier to adapt to multiple carbs than all the machining needed to use the 170/200 head. Lou Cote

Comment

You could use the head off the 250
        And so it goes down the slippery slope; use the whole 250" engine or just step up to a 5.0 and be done with it.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

I know this is a long shot but if you can find the 3 speed with overdrive from a 1975-1976 Hornet, Gremlin or Pacers I think it was, it should bolt right up. It actually was the Ford 3 speed Toploader used in Mustangs and other Ford's but has a Laycock de Normanville Overdrive OD. You could still use your column shift. It is not the same as the later 4 speed Toploader with overdrive.

Len

Comment

Originally posted by dynolou2 View Post
            You could use the head off the 250 as it will get you an unboltable intake and exhaust, much easier to adapt to multiple carbs than all the machining needed to use the 170/200 head. Lou Cote
            The 250 still has a cast in intake manifold, at least for domestic production. The 240 has a seperate manifold, but it would fit the 200 like a 426 hemi head on a Pinto, much too wide and far too long.

I've run rear end ratios of 2.69, 3.00, 3.55, and 4.11 behind both stock and modified 200 inch Ford sixes with both a 4 speed and a C4.
            They all work fine. The 2.69 is no rocket off the line ,but a nice cruise on the highway. The 4.11 is useless on the highway.

Comment

Working...
            X