63 Champ Gas Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 63 Champ Gas Tank

I'm putting the gas tank in my Champ. It was out when I got it and I'm pretty sure all the parts (springs, spacers etc.) are there, just not sure exactly how it all goes together. Can anyone post pics or explain how the front and rear brackets go in or hook up to the gas tank? Does the tank hang from the bracket or is it mounted on top?

Thanks, I'm sure anything would help

Last edited by toddbowie; 08-27-2017, 08:34 AM.

I don't have pictures but I can describe it. Bolts hang down from frame bracket. Two barrel shaped spacers are next followed by the "L" bracket. The rear mount gets the springs, then flat washer & nut. The front bracket just gets washers & nuts after the "L" bracket. Hope this helps.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Before installing the tank, inspect the filler tube to tank flange solder joint. Almost all of the T-Cabs I have ever had will leak there. You will not know it but after you fill fill the tank for a short while you will smell gas. Just till it gets down to below the joint, it will drive you nuts trying to find it.

Comment

So the tanks hangs from the bracket between the spacer and spring on the rear abd below the spacer in the front? The tank hangs below the frame.

Comment

Working...
        X