compare 54 champion to Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: compare 54 champion to Hawk

I need to replace the trunk and driver floor pan. Is the Hawk the same size as the 54 champion coupe trunk and driver pan? If not any suggestion.

I am not sure exactly the difference if any, on the Front and Trunk Floors except for the obvious difference between a Starliner Hardtop or Hawk Hardtop and a C Body Coupe, which would be the "B" Pillar supports and Torque Boxes used only on Hardtops.

BUT, I do know the Rear Floor is totally different from '58 to '64 on C & K's because of the one piece driveline.

I guess it depends on which Model & Year is your "keeper' Car you are repairing and which one is being cut up for parts.

Are you aware that Classic Enterprises does sell the New replacement repair panels?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I found some pan and trunk pan for a 1954 commander on ebay from classicparts4u but they say it will not fix the champion but they look like they will. Or the commander trunk and front floor pan the same for the champion?

Comment

How about some more complete information, please?
        What car are you trying to fix - Year and body style (coupe, hard top, sedan, etc)? Are you trying to fix a 54 Champion C body?

For the same year, Commander and Champion have the same floor pans. BUT, the floor pans are different for the different body styles. And, as already pointed out, the rear floor pan changed when the one piece drive shaft was introduced.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I'm trying to fix the floor and trunk pans on a 54 champion coupe (15g-C5-4088)

Comment

53 to 57 C & K body cars should be good donors. Classic Enterprises should be a good source as well.

RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
            X