Passing of Brad Kuchan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing of Brad Kuchan

It is with a sad heart that i report the passing of my best friend, Brad Kuchan of Illinios, He was a long time vendor at National meets and May in South Bend, with usually the best organized vend space there was. LOL Buying a Pierce Arrow was the goal he had just attained, The trips and adventures we had are now fond memories,

Long time parts vendor and a true Studebaker Fan, passed away today at his home in Illinois, from a heart attack.. Brad was known by many over the many years that he vended at national meets and May in South Bend, He hand just got the car of his dream , A Pierce Arrow.

Comment

He was ill for a few years, as I recall.

Craig

Comment

Sudden or prolonged? Know any details? Stopped at his place in July, no one home.
        Attached Files
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Another image from 2012.
          Attached Files
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

My condolences on behalf of the Nutmeg Chapter here in CT.
            Chip
            '63 Cruiser
            '57 Packard wagon
            '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

He had heart surgery 2 years ago and doing well, his ex wife found him collapsed 1 hour after speaking to him, from a heart attack, they could not revive.

Comment

He always had lots of 47-52 parts at the meets. After he sold his parts in 2015 to Studebakers West I had not seen him. I can still picture his parents helping him unload parts at a meet in years past. It is hard to see our Studebaker friends leaving us.
                Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                1961 Hawk 4-speed
                1967 Avanti
                1961 Lark 2 door
                1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Soo sad to hear. Sincere condolences to his loved ones, and may he Rest In Peace

Comment

Always enjoyed visiting with him in the swap area. God Bless
                    1936 Dictator
                    1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
                    1953 Commander Regal HT
                    1953 2R5 Pickup
                    1947 M16 Truck
                    1960 Lark VIII Convertible
                    1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
                    1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                    1962 GT Hawk
                    1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                    1963 GT Hawk R2
                    1964 Daytona Convertible
                    1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

That is so sad. I remember Brad from way back. I sold him NOS '58 Packard parts then. More recently, we have exchanged many e-mails, usually in reference to something on this SDC Forum.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I always bought parts from him. He was a really nice guy.
                        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Yes Gary, he went thru that 58Packard collection, and when I bought my Packard Hawk, which he found and helped me haul home, we Displayed all the 58Packard body styles at a local meet. That doesn't happen very often!

Comment

If Brad did not have the part you were looking for, he would always dig out the parts manual and give you the number of what you needed so you could look elsewhere. He gave my Daughter several bits of paperwork from the Dealer that sold her truck new.

Comment

Sorry indeed to hear of this; Brad was a good vendor and active in Studebaker Bands, as I recall.

RIP, Brad, and best wishes to your family. BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X