No announcement yet.

Anybody know this Barris Custom Stude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys......THAT is a VERY sanitary (rust free) body! Somebody oughta jump on that boy! Can't get any like that down here in Georgia!

Comment

Guys......THAT is a VERY sanitary (rust free) body! Somebody oughta jump on that boy! Can't get any like that down here in Georgia!

Comment

I dragged my body and paint guy down to see the car today. I've got an offer in to the seller. Should know tonight or tomorrow.

<h5>Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA</h5>
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I dragged my body and paint guy down to see the car today. I've got an offer in to the seller. Should know tonight or tomorrow.

<h5>Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA</h5>
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I bought the Kustom. I'll pick it up this weekend if the weather isn't too terrible.

I'm real pleased with this one (as was my paint and body guy). It's been a "time machine" since it was taken apart and prepped for a color change in 1964. It's been sitting in the same garage in Concord, CA since then.

It had a brand X motor and trans of some type (unknown), but I think it will get a Stude V8 with 2 backdraft Strombergs. Either an auto or 4 speed (I have both in inventory)...haven't decided which.

From the picture Scott posted, I believe it had early (56-58) Corvette wheel covers and wide whites. PERFECT, IMHO!

More pictures when I get it to the clubhouse.

<h5>Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA</h5>
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

I bought the Kustom. I'll pick it up this weekend if the weather isn't too terrible.

I'm real pleased with this one (as was my paint and body guy). It's been a "time machine" since it was taken apart and prepped for a color change in 1964. It's been sitting in the same garage in Concord, CA since then.

It had a brand X motor and trans of some type (unknown), but I think it will get a Stude V8 with 2 backdraft Strombergs. Either an auto or 4 speed (I have both in inventory)...haven't decided which.

From the picture Scott posted, I believe it had early (56-58) Corvette wheel covers and wide whites. PERFECT, IMHO!

More pictures when I get it to the clubhouse.

<h5>Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA</h5>
              Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Kool deal Dick, what took you so long I think this will be a fun project to put back together.
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Kool deal Dick, what took you so long I think this will be a fun project to put back together.
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

You don't suppose it's an early Caddy engine in there, or a small Hemi? Or a Buick nailhead?

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

You don't suppose it's an early Caddy engine in there, or a small Hemi? Or a Buick nailhead?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gordr

I'd say it was probably one of those, Gord. It was a stick. Very poorly fabricated hydraulic clutch set up. Probably built in '58, so other candidates could be Olds, Y block Ford, even SBC.

<h5>Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA</h5>
                        Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I'd say it was probably one of those, Gord. It was a stick. Very poorly fabricated hydraulic clutch set up. Probably built in '58, so other candidates could be Olds, Y block Ford, even SBC.

<h5>Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA</h5>
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick
                            If you think it's a Barris car and want documentation, contact me for Barris contact info. For a fairly small fee,he can provide documentation or at least a letter.
                            For my TV car he sent photos of it being built and him in the car. For an older custom from the 50s, he still might have something.

At any rate, documentation would certainly help its value at resale time.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Dick
                              If you think it's a Barris car and want documentation, contact me for Barris contact info. For a fairly small fee,he can provide documentation or at least a letter.
                              For my TV car he sent photos of it being built and him in the car. For an older custom from the 50s, he still might have something.

At any rate, documentation would certainly help its value at resale time.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                              63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

<h5>Dick Steinkamp
                                Bellingham, WA</h5>
                                Aha! So the engine that WAS in there is gone, just the remains of the converion are there? You know, I have a nice '55 President engine, with the DG 250 automatic, and radiator, and drive shaft, and rear axle. Should all bolt into a C/K chassis, since it came out of a '55 president HT, which was a good running car. The stuff is even clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X