No announcement yet.

Possible bargain '64 sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On this car- based on my experience, I will bet this car has had NO damage. To my eye, the paint on all the panels matches, with the exception of the RF door. That was likely a minor repair from its normal service years.

I predict this is a solid, straight, unmolested car that will clean up amazingly well. I do not care for the colors, yet I am bidding on it because I feel it wil prove to be an exceptional survivor. However, I do not need it. So if anyone here wants it, PM me and I'll be glad to lay off. Of course, a 4 door Studebaker is of limited value, so you might outbid me anyway.

If you want a nice car that needs relatively minimal work to be exceptional, this is it.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

It does have a battery hold down.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

What kind of number do you think it will bring? You seem to have two interested bidder right here on the forum.

Comment

This outfit sells many cars and has excellent feedback on auto sales. The are USA Trailers. Maybe they pick up the cars that they are selling on eBay in other parts of the country when they deliver trailers. It may not be a Mich. Cruiser.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
            On this car- based on my experience, I will bet this car has had NO damage. To my eye, the paint on all the panels matches, with the exception of the RF door. That was likely a minor repair from its normal service years.

I predict this is a solid, straight, unmolested car that will clean up amazingly well. I do not care for the colors, yet I am bidding on it because I feel it wil prove to be an exceptional survivor. However, I do not need it. So if anyone here wants it, PM me and I'll be glad to lay off. Of course, a 4 door Studebaker is of limited value, so you might outbid me anyway.

If you want a nice car that needs relatively minimal work to be exceptional, this is it.
            Hey, 'good to see you back posting, Bob! BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hope someone in our club obtains this car, or will go to a future member.
              If it were closer to me, there would be three of us bidding!
              Good luck!
              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                It does have a battery hold down.

But it's missing a battery!
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Gonna go look today.
                  Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post

But it's missing a battery!

Could that be the reason it won't turn over?

John

Comment

Auction ended. So did anyone here get the Lark for a deal of $2062?
                      Tom
                      sigpic

Comment

Looks like 3 snipers were after it during the last 30 seconds.
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA
                        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                        X