red white & blue badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red white & blue badges

I need to buy the red-white & blue badge that goes on a 1963 grand tourishmo hawk door, I also need the round badge that goes on the trunk. anyone have these items or can refer me to a vendor that has them?

red/white/&blue or a solid white I need something to fill the three holes in my deck lid.
    Last edited by billjharris; 07-07-2012, 03:53 PM.

Bill, I sent you a pm.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

try http://www.studebaker-intl.com/

Maybe Studebaker International has them.
      sigpic

Comment

Anyone remember the GT Hawk trunk badge that featured the gold Hawk bird on an all white background? (originally made for export GT's??) A vendor used to sell repo examples years ago, but I haven't
        seeing any of these repo badges for sale lately.

Comment

[QUOTE=SN-60;660382]Anyone remember the GT Hawk trunk badge that featured the gold Hawk bird on an all white background? (originally made for export GT's??) A vendor used to sell repo examples years ago, but I haven't
          seeing any of these repo badges for sale lately.[/QUOTE
          I think they were used on the six cylinder versions.
          I modified a 63 Daytona trunk emblem I used to own, to have the red white and blue, like GT Hawks.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

For export six-cylinder GT's ?...... OK, maybe that's it. I have never actually seen one on a car....I remember the ads for them though.

Comment

All of the Australian assembled 62 GT Hawks had the golden bird emblem, inside a chrome circle, attached to the trunk. The background is the colour of the paint work on the trunk.
              sigpic

Comment

To: waynedavey62,------- OK, so Your saying the Austrailian built GT's didn't use a plastic badge at all, but instead used the gold 'Hawk' emblem inside of a chrome ring?

Comment

That is correct for 1962 models, I don't know if the US assembled cars were the same for that year. On our local 1963 GT Hawks, I believe that the red-white & blue plastic badge used is the same as US cars.
                  sigpic

Comment

hey Joe,
                    would you mind looking to see what you have available and selling me what I need?

thanks,
                    bill

Comment

Yes, they were that way in the U.S. in 62, just a gold bird like whats on the sides, and dash, surrounded by s chrome ring. 63-64 used the plastic emblem.
                      Bez Auto Alchemy
                      573-318-8948
                      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Bill, I'll check tomorrow or by Monday and let you know.
                        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Pretty sure I have one of the white ones - could bring it to South Bend meet if anyone is interested.

Comment

To: WCP,-------- Wondering if You have an idea of exactly what that style badge was originally used on? (And would it be possible for You to post a photo of it?) Thanks

Comment

No, I have no information as to it's application. I picked it up years ago, figuring that I could repaint it red/white/blue with lacquer if I couldn't find an NOS one or good reproduction. Finally got a correct one from JDP, I think. I'll find the white one and post a picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X