red white & blue badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!!!

Rich sure got your dander up Allen. However I must admit that Rich's comment that Canada doesn't count was totally uncalled for and inappropriate. Let me also remind everyone that most of what both of our countries have today actually comes from China. Now let's get this thread back on track and find out exactly what the history is on the white GT emblem.
    Stu Chapman

Comment

I think the words may came out wrong, but the answer is in them. Through the years there were changes, deletions and things different on Canadian production Studebakers...... Canadian cars were different, who knows why?

Being just prior to the "Canadas Own Car" advertising campaign The extra (different) trim bits like the crossed flags, birds, decklid emblems, Maple leafs, and other things probably produced IN Canada were bound to be a bit different as they had been for several years prior.............These little items were cheap and easy to 'change'..........Probably why.

Comment

Thanks Stu. I seem to remember post a few years back maybe, regarding or from a European member that was working on a 6 cyl. GT Hawk. I don't have much luck with the search function on the forum. It would be interesting to learn if that car still has it's original trunk emblem and whether it was try-color or not.

JDP, were your white reproductions sold thru Sasco? Maybe that's what I have.

Billjharris, I'll get all the emblems out and decide what I want for them. Busy right now, but will PM you when I do. I can deliver them to South Bend rather than shipping from Canada. Bill

Comment

Wow is right Stu, I don't know what prompted that huge list of Canadian Inventors, and I was referring to Canadian Manufacturers.

I am very sorry Allen if you read something into this post that is not there. I NEVER said anything bad about Canada or it's people, I have lots of Canadian friends and my Mother was born in Ontario, Canada.

It was probably a bad choice of words, all I was trying to say is that the Red, White and Blue very American Trunk Emblem would be accepted by Canadians and was not changed as Hawks built in other Countries were.

My reasoning for saying: "and Canada did not count" = IS NOT INVOLVED IN THIS DISCUSSION.

"since practically everything they have is made by a American Co. anyway",

= to my knowledge no well-known Automobile Co.'s existed in recent times that were Canadian Co.'s that designed and built their own Automobiles, most were American Co.'s with wholly owned subsidiaries of American Car Co.'s, so Canadians would have no problem accepting the very American Red, White and Blue Emblems.

"no need to change that." = the Emblems did not need to be changed for Canadian Production.

As to any perceived anti-Canadian prior posts; when asked, I have only pointed out the DIFFERENCES between the way the I.D.'s of the Cars were done, Production Orders written and the cars' build differences. None of these FACTS are derogatory to Canada or its people.

It is well known among Studebaker owners that the Canadian Plant was a more modern, more efficient, and more profitable operation than the South Bend Plant. But as a much smaller, less funded operation doing business way shorter than South Bend's 114 years, the record keeping and Vehicle I.D. process was different and would naturally be less soshisticated than S/B's system.

Very sorry Allen, for the misunderstanding.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rich,
            Thanks for waking up our sleeping Canadian historian, we wondered what the### we invented up here. Obviously all of Allen's recent univeristy courses have paid off. Only kidding Allen, we love you, Roly Lusted,
            ‚Äč
            Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
            studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Originally posted by SusieQ View Post
              Rich,
              Thanks for waking up our sleeping Canadian historian, we wondered what the### we invented up here. Obviously all of Allen's recent univeristy courses have paid off. Only kidding Allen, we love you, Roly Lusted,
              OK...now that's all settled, can someone out there resolve the white badge issue?
              Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
              X