Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shifter4 View Post
    I apologize for this transgression .
    These are the results that were handed to me by the timekeeper at the track .
    I had considered them to be Time Slips ,but now I realize that I may have been
    victimized
    Ya think??!? Gary may be thinking of the modern-day laser time-keeping methods, unlike in 1964 where a good old photo-electric cell and a stopwatch was used!!

Craig

Comment

thats one sweet ride. KUDOS !! Respect where respect is due!

Comment

They look like slips with times. Must be time slips.

Comment

Gosh , do you think that they were just making those numbers up ?
          Bill H
          Daytona Beach
          SDC member since 1970
          Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

And I apologize to Bob Palma , the O.P. , and Ryan Paturalski , The car owner. This is a neat car.
            I tried to show some period correct results from an actual dragstrip back then , since they were mentioned .
            Bill H
            Daytona Beach
            SDC member since 1970
            Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

I just couldn't resist.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Stewie white ee shirt.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1683653
              A red '64 Daytona, sanded with 1,000 grit paper..., steel wheels painted black... . I grabbed my white Tee shirt, popped the hood and had the wife take a picture (Did I get the pose right? Hand inside the door, other hand at my side). Minus the script on the car it is nearly like living in a parallel universe. OK, I've got two extra doors, a 350 Chevy and a 700R4, but general visuals (and financially) Ryan's car is of similar concept.

Sometimes I feels so CASO. You guys liking Ryan's car makes me feel better about mine. Loved this story. Glad you posted it. All the best to Ryan and his efforts.

BTW, even though I have Commander trim the VIN is a Daytona.

Tom
              Last edited by wittsend; 09-12-2013, 07:22 PM.
              '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

@beatnik64,That car ROCKS, dude!! It could be the start of a new trend.Patina taken to the next level (or something like that).Looks like something out of an old magazine.For a while there I thought that Bob P. was pulling a funny-guess not!Good job!What is old is truly new again....

Comment

I had considered them to be Time Slips , but now I realize that I may have been
                  victimized .
                  I confuse easily but WTH is wrong with those time slips. That's what they used to hand out at the track. In fact our 56 265 chebby ran about the same numbers in the early 60's. IIRC the only difference I recall is we may have had a space for car #. So what's wrong with shifter4's comments?

Not to detract from a great looking Lark but I must have missed something.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by beatnik64 View Post
                    Thanks Everybody (and a BIG special THANKS to Bob Palma, who was down right awesome to talk to).............<SNIPPED>............we may still swing it some day ...

Thanks agian everyone for dig'n on my wheels.
                    REAL beauty you have there, Ryan! Are you a member on the racing/high performance forums? I SUUUURE hope so! It would be nice to have this and MORE information about you and your car preserved and archived on the racing forums too! That's our WHOLE reason for existence, ANYTHING related to high performance Studebakering! We try hard to make sure that as much high performance information as possible is available for years to come.

This is my personal invitation, Ryan, hope to see you there!
                    Sonny
                    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

I had considered them to be Time Slips , but now I realize that I may have been
                      victimized .
                      I too consider what you posted to be Time Slips. They are just not what I was referring to. That is all that I was trying to make clear. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your Time Slips. I think that some read some things into my post that was not there.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                        I confuse easily but WTH is wrong with those time slips. That's what they used to hand out at the track. In fact our 56 265 chebby ran about the same numbers in the early 60's. IIRC the only difference I recall is we may have had a space for car #. So what's wrong with shifter4's comments?

Not to detract from a great looking Lark but I must have missed something.

Bob
                        What You missed is He 'leaned' on Gary a bit too heavily because of the 'memory' comment in post# 24.

Comment

Working...
                        X