• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spokejr View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]73535[/ATTACH]
    Found on FB
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]73536[/ATTACH]
    I know it's a Packard but this was during the courtship era so close enough.
    1954 Packard Panther show car with 1954 Clipper 'sore thumb' tail lights, there were several made. In 1955, some Panthers were fitted with Packard 'cathedral' tail lamps.

Comment

• I remember when that '51 in #10166 was displayed in the Penny's building. It was owned by Bruce Roe at the time. It was a nice original car of driver quality. Later it sat for awhile and was sold to Bruce Lantz. I towed it to his place in Yelm. He did a complete restore and modded it into a hot rod. I remember him having it at Hot August Nights a few times.
      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

• Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• I especially like the Skytop ad, I'm betting that was shot by Boulevard PhotographicClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1178.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	1721353Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1179.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1721352Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1180.JPG
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1721354

Comment

• Originally posted by spokejr View Post
            I especially like the Skytop ad, I'm betting that was shot by Boulevard Photographic[ATTACH=CONFIG]73761[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]73760[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]73762[/ATTACH]
            Reminds me of the red 1963 Daytona Skytop hardtop that I owned for nine years.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• I think there is a Stude across the street, front of the white office.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by christophe View Post

I think there is a Stude across the street, front of the white office.
                Indeed there is. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Amazing. Out of perhaps close to sixty cars, just one Studebaker.
                  Bill

Comment

• Thanks, Bob.
                    There might be another one, second place behind the Packard.
                    Two cars out of sixty shows Studebaker market share at this time, i'm afraid.
                    Nice day to all.
                    sigpic

Comment

There might be another one, second place behind the Packard.
                      Which Packard? The 1949/50 23rd series in the street behind the Pontiac Catalina, or the 1951 200 facing forward in the parking lot?

Comment

• Heck guys, lets inflate the market share!

There may even be a couple of 1941's facing us; stronger chance being the windshield and "prow" hood down at the end of the '51 Packard's row, and another weaker chance being the split windshield half the distance toward the cab-over truck.
                        Mebbe even a third 41/42 Comm/Pres (although the back glass looks too square) sitting crosswise at the end of row #3 from the street?

Also, is that Packard in the street a taxi?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                          Amazing. Out of perhaps close to sixty cars, just one Studebaker.
                          Bill
                          That IS Detroit!! The heart of the (once) Big Three and Packard. I suspect many Detroit and surrounding residents had some loyalty to their home product at the time.

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by WinM1895 View Post
                            Which Packard? The 1949/50 23rd series in the street behind the Pontiac Catalina, or the 1951 200 facing forward in the parking lot?
                            It's behind the 200. Your eyes are better than mine, I hadn't noticed the bathtub! I had a look at the larger version of the pic. There are no distinctive signs onto it, I would not say it is a taxicab.
                            Also, I wonder how people got their cars back in such parking lots.
                            Nice day to all.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by skyway View Post
                              Also, is that Packard in the street a taxi?
                              I doubt it as there's no light on the roof.

Craig

Comment

It's behind the 200. Your eyes are better than mine, I hadn't noticed the bathtub! I had a look at the larger version of the pic. There are no distinctive signs onto it, I would not say it is a taxicab.
                                Also, I wonder how people got their cars back in such parking lots.
                                Nice day to all.
                                That was/is common parking practice in city parking lots. This makes maximum use of the expensive real estate. The attendant usually had to move one or more cars to get to yours. I recall paying extra to have a car parked at a spot with easy/quick retrieval.
                                Gary L.
                                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                                X