No announcement yet.

Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars parked in front of University Apartments, 1955 by Michigan State University Archives
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1962 charlton comics.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	1713154..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                    Back in the day Studebakers were basic transportation, and if the road was muddy...oh well. Today, if I was driving my Lark and came to a muddy road, I'd turn around! I've spent way too much time scraping crud from the undercarriages of Studes when restoring them!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                      I have a couple questions for the experts. This '50 doesn't have a split windshield. For some reason I thought only the convertible and the Land Cruiser had the one piece windshield. Is this a champion or a commander and how can you tell?

Comment

• Originally posted by mapman View Post
                        I have a couple questions for the experts. This '50 doesn't have a split windshield. For some reason I thought only the convertible and the Land Cruiser had the one piece windshield. Is this a champion or a commander and how can you tell?
                        This is a Champion. I'm sure the "experts" will chime in with all the differences between a Champ and Commander, but the most obvious difference between the two is the headlight bezels (and front fenders). The Commander bezels are much larger.
                        Dan Peterson
                        Montpelier, VT
                        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

• Also the Champion has the shark fin hood ornament (but not all Champions had a hood ornament), while the Commander has the heavy chrome V with a clear round spear in the V. The Commander also has larger bumpers and bumper horns or guards, whatever you want to call them.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
                            Back in the day Studebakers were basic transportation, and if the road was muddy...oh well. Today, if I was driving my Lark and came to a muddy road, I'd turn around! I've spent way too much time scraping crud from the undercarriages of Studes when restoring them!!
                            Remember a guy telling stories about where he lived in Texas, those bullet-nose front fenders would fill up with mud and rocks when the roads were wet - he said they would actually fill up to the point the front of the car would sit a couple inches lower because of all the weight...

Comment

• sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

• Originally posted by mapman View Post
                                The Starlight Coupes all had one-piece windshields and all '51s had one-piece windshields.
                                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                                X