Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mbstude
    replied
    Jim McCuan twisted my arm, again, for another long distance road trip. Looking forward to meeting you northeast guys. My cell number is 912 253 3037 if any of you wanna meet up.
    Last edited by mbstude; 07-11-2011, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• plwindish
    replied
    Three of us (Hugh Edfors, Chris Brauer, Paul Windish) from Chicagoland AOAI are driving 2 Avantis, Hugh's 03 and my newly renovated '76, are coming in on Thursday, leaving Sunday AM. This will be the first jaunt over 80 miles for my '76 after all the work I've had done on it since April. The last item was a visit to the tire shop. The old tires looked good, only had 4000 miles, but were put on in '98. Hopefully, it will be an enjoyable trip with no mechanical issues.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by stupak View Post
    Do you remember Walt Bottger's gray Avanti ...?
    Maroon interior? If it's the one that got front and rear ended, Ron Strapel will have it judged on the field at the Eisenhower.

Leave a comment:

• studelark
    replied
    This week is a tight one for me with doctor visits, etc. My wife, Jackie, and I will be arriving Friday AM and will be leaving Saturday late. Gettysburg is a little over a 3 hour drive for us. Be looking for ya!

Frank Drumheller
    Locust Grove, VA
    60S-W6
    M16-52 Boyer-bodied 1948 fire truck

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by stupak View Post
    Paul: Being an 'old timer' and mentioning a cobbled up Gray Avanti. Do you remember Walt Bottger's gray Avanti with the rusted THRU rear bumper? Yup.....holes in the bumper! I've never seen that before. stupak
    Wow! I sure do remember his car- wonder what the frame and hog troughs looked like?

Leave a comment:

• stupak
    replied
    Paul: Being an 'old timer' and mentioning a cobbled up Gray Avanti. Do you remember Walt Bottger's gray Avanti with the rusted THRU rear bumper? Yup.....holes in the bumper! I've never seen that before. stupak

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by jlmccuan View Post
    Just wondering who all I might get the chance to meet this week in Gettysburg. We're coming across through Louisville, Lexington, Charleston. Anybody want to catch a ride or caravan? We should arrive mid-day Thursday. Look us up and say "Hi."
    Being about an hour from the meet I'm going to be CASO and commute- will be there Wednesday and Saturday for sure, not certain about the other days. Saturday I'll be on the Avanti display field (not for judging). Watch for the chipped up, cobbled up gray '64 with the bad chrome on the rear bumper.

Leave a comment:

• jg61hawk
    replied
    Driving the 61 Hawk from Central New Jersey. Weather reports look good. I hope that 60 MPH A/C is working.

Leave a comment:

• stupak
    replied
    The show and all related meet activities are taking place right at the Eisenhower Motel. I understand all vending wil be done outside with no indoor vendor space???? Hope the weather holds. We'll be there Tuesday thru Sunday. See ya all! stupak

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    Originally posted by larryyano View Post
    Thursday thru Sunday. Bringing my wife and Packard Hawk. Hope it's not too hot.
    THe weather forecast as of now is mid- to upper-80's Wednesday through Sunday with possible scattered thundershowers on Saturday and Sunday. But...the weatherman has been known to be wrong every now and then (duh!). JUst be prepared.

Leave a comment:

• larryyano
    replied
    Thursday thru Sunday. Bringing my wife and Packard Hawk. Hope it's not too hot.

Leave a comment:

• unimogjohn
    replied
    Just a question. Where is the show going to take place? The flyer on the Web says TBD. We are going to drive up for the day with a couple of unrestored Avantis. TX John

Leave a comment:

• 52 Ragtop
    replied
    Should arrive late Tuesday, Hope to see all there! I will NOT be vending for a change! I'll be enjoying the meet and the sights of Gettysburg!
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• billmdonn
    replied
    Arriving Thursday afternoon

Have to leave Saturday Morning.

Leave a comment:

• HAWK64
    replied
    Sadly we had to cancel our reservations at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg at the last minute. I believe this will be an excellent Meet. Was also going to walk the hallowed ground of Pickett's charge from Lee's monument to the stone wall where Gen Lewis Armistead fell in company with Bruce Slifer on July 13th but guess he may be doing the walk on his own now?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X