Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60studehawk
    replied
    I'll be there friday and saturday. Driving my '60 HAWK. I'm the new Keystone Keynotes editor. Look me up and introduce yourself.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by IMJ View Post
    Hello all,

Does anyone know for certain if a Studebaker can be displayed without being judged and if so must it be registered prior to Sat.? Thanks and have a safe commute!

regards,
    Jay
    I arrived this afternoon. I am writing this from the lobby. I will walk over and check the sign. I believe that concours registration ends Friday. Just checked the sign - 5 PM Friday is the deadline.

Leave a comment:

• plwindish
    replied
    The Chicagoland trio arrived safe and sound Weds. nite around 11 PM local time. Its a little over 700 miles for us. I like Rte 30 through IN and IL a whole lot better than the twists and turns going up and down mountains outside of Gettysburg. My only casualty of the trip was the ac crapping out halfway through Ohio. The rebuilt 400 and the newly installed 200R4 got me 22.8 mpg doing the speed limit. There is a wash rack at the back of the Eisenhower main inn, but only about 10' of hose. park close! Lot's of Avantis here.

Leave a comment:

• studefan
    replied
    I don't have an official answer but please allow me share my opinion on this.

I don't like it when the displayed cars are relegated to the parking lot or some other location in the far corner of the show field. I say lump the show cars and display cars together in their appropriate classes. Our local show just puts a little orange sticker on the cars to be judged. Display cars don't have them and this makes it easy to tell the difference.

Anyway, I go to the shows to look at ALL the Studebakers whether show condition or not. Let's not segregate our Studes. I believe that this approach may lead to even more people bringing their cars to the shows.

The good Gettysburg folks probably already plan to do this. If this isn't currently in the plans, it should be, and there is still time to make this adjustment.

Leave a comment:

• IMJ
    replied
    Hello all,

Does anyone know for certain if a Studebaker can be displayed without being judged and if so must it be registered prior to Sat.? Thanks and have a safe commute!

regards,
    Jay

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by 53k View Post
    The place was absolutely crawling with Avantis yesterday, all colors, all ages- beautiful sight.
    Sounds like the Turquoise sweetheart in the trailer behind me will be in good company.

Leave a comment:

replied
    The place was absolutely crawling with Avantis yesterday, all colors, all ages- beautiful sight.

Leave a comment:

• jgrohs
    replied
    arriving thursday am ( red eye from sfo). leaving sunday. looking forward to the meet!

Leave a comment:

• jts359
    replied
    Laura and I will be there with our recent Chicken coop find Avanti and a Truck and trailer filled with parts , See you Thursday , Ed Jones

Leave a comment:

• studeguy54
    replied
    Here already....and, by to tomorrow, we'll be ready for you

Studeguy& Avantidon are in Gettysburg, and have been busy for the last two days getting ready for the show. The Accuweather.com (check us....) forecast is for NO RAIN. John Hull, Dale Sexton, and many more from AOAI have been busy toiling with us to make this show a big success.

Join us this week for the big Studebaker event of the summer, Remember...

In 2011, the Studebaker Address is Gettysburg!

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Jim McCuan twisted my arm, again, for another long distance road trip. Looking forward to meeting you northeast guys. My cell number is 912 253 3037 if any of you wanna meet up.
    Matt - I am glad that you will be attending. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Do you remember the guy that needed a part transported from Atlanta to Gettysburg? Maybe you are driving an Avanti and do not have room.

Gettysburg is the Atlantic Zone Meet. To get together with most of the "northeast guys" you will need to attend the Northeast Zone Meet in Waterbury Connecticut in September.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by stupak View Post
    Paul: Being an 'old timer' and mentioning a cobbled up Gray Avanti. Do you remember Walt Bottger's gray Avanti with the rusted THRU rear bumper? Yup.....holes in the bumper! I've never seen that before. stupak
    Yes, I also remember the Avanti. I believe that the last that I saw Walt was at another Atlantic Zone Meet and he was vending. He was there in an ElCamino that he referred to as his modified Avanti (reference to the 1987-1991 Avantis on Chevrolet chassis).

Leave a comment:

• jlmccuan
    replied
    Sure hope all you folks look us up and say "Hi" We'll be the ones with a Studebaker, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Rerun
    replied
    See You Friday and Saturday!

Leave a comment:

• rusty65
    replied
    I'll be there Friday and Saturday, not in the Studebaker, sad to say.I'll probably take the Crapparo.
    ...............see ya there!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X